Difficulty Levels

#1stonelikearockPosted 10/1/2013 9:52:42 PM
I can see that there are additional difficulty levels... what changes do they make?
---
"just be glad there's nobody named paperlikeabook to come and post after you. Then you'd be in trouble mister." - arleas http://imgur.com/QgO8q
#2ShaminardrgnPosted 10/2/2013 1:54:22 AM
I think they have less continues and lives.

I'm guessing Impossible has only 3 lives and no continues, whilst YOLO has only one life.

And you know what? Someone actually beat them. It shows that 0.1% of the players unlocked that on the global achievements in Steam, which I assume means only one person has done this so far.
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#3KCGeminiPosted 10/2/2013 7:05:46 AM
Shaminardrgn posted...
I think they have less continues and lives.

I'm guessing Impossible has only 3 lives and no continues, whilst YOLO has only one life.

And you know what? Someone actually beat them. It shows that 0.1% of the players unlocked that on the global achievements in Steam, which I assume means only one person has done this so far.

It reminds me of the people who have Impossible Boy on Super Meat Boy.
It's also most likely that
a) it's more than one person.
b) that there's people who used an 'achevement unlocker' to get it that way.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#4ShaminardrgnPosted 10/3/2013 1:11:46 AM
OR.....iT'S C) a Japanese person.

The Japanese are hardcore gamers, and they LOVE hard games. I heard that they can complete the earlier Resident Evil games just using the knife unless otherwise necessary....Yes, even Nemesis, the "Grave Digger" worm and the garbage dump nemesis with timer...all with the knife!
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#5KCGeminiPosted 10/3/2013 8:10:38 AM
Shaminardrgn posted...
OR.....iT'S C) a Japanese person.

The Japanese are hardcore gamers, and they LOVE hard games. I heard that they can complete the earlier Resident Evil games just using the knife unless otherwise necessary....Yes, even Nemesis, the "Grave Digger" worm and the garbage dump nemesis with timer...all with the knife!

It's just not the Japenese that are hardcore gamers.
Hell, I've been called 'Asian' just because of my Iron Man runs in Super Meat Boy (specifially Dark World 5). I'm far from Asian, btw.

Even with as good as I was in that game; getting Impossible Boy in level order was quite...impossible for me.
With the exception of a few videos on YT, most people do not have it; yet it's one of the higher achievements.

It is currently at 0.6%, but the rate of legitimacy is very questionable. 0.1 or 0.2% would most likely be the acutal value.

(And if you did play SMB half as much as I did, you would also realize that more people having Zombie Boy than Dr. Fetus Boy is also a rather alarming statistic as Dr. Fetus Boy is far easier to get; even easier than Girl Boy or Missile Boy.)
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#6knightimexPosted 10/3/2013 12:02:18 PM
I bet cheat engine works like a dream in this game.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)
#7Manolito_MystiqPosted 10/4/2013 1:45:25 PM
The fourth difficulty is called

‘****ing Impossible’: no beer, 5 lives, no continue, weak weapons/strong enemies, no checkpoints, no saving!

I thought that at least you could ‘get’ lives in the higher difficulty… Also, having no checkpoints makes it even more frustrating. You do get a nice golden gun, though.

I could manage to complete the the future level, and the LJN level on ‘hard’ (not the boss) without dying, but on that difficulty you do get a second chance (2 hits is a kill). The fire level isn’t so hard, too. And the boss has a clear pattern, but I still mess up there.

I guess YOLO is the same as ‘impossible’, but with no lives, maybe with a time limit, too.
#8MetalSmasher86Posted 10/26/2013 9:51:08 PM
Specifications for each difficulty are as follows:

Easy
-6 Beers (hit points)
-Unlimited lives
-Strong weapons
-Weak enemies

Normal
-3 beers
-30 lives
-Unlimited continues
-Normal weapons
-Normal enemies

Old School
-3 beers
-15 lives
-5 continues
-Normal weapons
-Normal enemies
-Invisible checkpoints
-No saving

Hard As Balls (unlocked after beating Old School)
-2 beers
-5 lives
-3 continues
-Weak weapons
-Strong enemies
-Invisible checkpoints
-No saving

****ing Impossible (unlocked after beating Hard As Balls)
-No beer (1 hit kills you)
-5 lives
-No continues
-Weak weapons
-Strong enemies
-No checkpoints
-No saving
-No extra lives scattered throughout the stages

You Only Live Once (abbreviated as YOLO, unlocked after beating ****ing Impossible)
-No beer
-1 life
-No continues
-Weak weapons
-Strong enemies
-No checkpoints
-No saving
-No extra lives scattered throughout the stages

Basically, on YOLO, you get hit once and it's Game Over, back to the beginning of the game for you. I've seen one guy on YouTube get to the LJN level on Impossible, but I still have yet to actually see a person beat it on either of the top two difficulties.
---
XBL: MetalSmasher86