So... ideas for a sequel? *spoilers*

#1RollerBobPosted 10/3/2013 12:10:00 PM
Why not? It's not like the AVGN team scrapped the bottom of the barrel for ideas. They could make a 2nd game with 10 brand new stages based on other jokes they've done.

- An underwater level, referring the dam level from TMNT on NES
- A military level, referring the NES Rambo and Top Gun games
- A religious level, referring the Bible games
- A city level, referring Superman 64
- A valley-like level, referring the Zelda CD-i games
- A jungle level, referring Cheetahmen
- A beach level, referring Larry the Unlikely
- A space level, referring Transformers, Star Wars and Star Trek

For bosses:
- R.O.B. the Robot
- Jaws
- Mecha-Ghidorah
- The Jaguar rotating cube
- Bugs Bunny
- The Joker
- Zombies, lot and lots of zombies
----------------------------
On a side note, why don't he get suck into the TV [again], but this time, with a whole pile of horror films? James really loves horror films, so why not a game like this one, but each stage referring to a classic horror film?
- A desert level with a mummy
- A dark castle with a vampire
- A laboratory with a flesh golem
- A swamp with a fishman
- A space station with a dangerous alien
- A forest with a werewolf
- A mansion with a ghost
------------------------------

Ok, maybe for some of you, that comes out as awkward. However, I just think that for a platformer, there's a LOT of potential for level design and that he could easily make a sequel with some brand new ideas. Furthermore, the AVGN doesn't seem to be hampered by the ESRB rating. Just look at the "Beat It and Eat It" stage, he just flipped the bird at censors and just went for it. Gore? Booze? Blood? Cursing? That game has it all, which also means that he's not held back by something else.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#2stonelikearockPosted 10/5/2013 1:34:44 PM
They purposefully steered clear of using any licensed characters as bosses in this game, so I would say that characters like ROB, Bugs Bunny, and Jaws wouldn't work.
---
"just be glad there's nobody named paperlikeabook to come and post after you. Then you'd be in trouble mister." - arleas http://imgur.com/QgO8q
#3RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 3:39:29 PM
stonelikearock posted...
They purposefully steered clear of using any licensed characters as bosses in this game, so I would say that characters like ROB, Bugs Bunny, and Jaws wouldn't work.

Then... how did they get the Giant Claw and the "where did you learn to fly" head?
---
#4stonelikearockPosted 10/5/2013 7:12:16 PM
Because I doubt anyone holds a copyright on those characters
---
"just be glad there's nobody named paperlikeabook to come and post after you. Then you'd be in trouble mister." - arleas http://imgur.com/QgO8q
#5RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 8:50:45 AM
stonelikearock posted...
Because I doubt anyone holds a copyright on those characters

Hmmm.... I see...

They could go with original characters representing them though, like a crazy bunny and a weird robot.
---
#6psyduck151Posted 10/8/2013 9:21:40 PM
If they make a sequel I would love to see an underwater level.
My ideas are for the sequel are:
Make it less expensive or add more than 9 levels. Nostalgia Critic should make an appearance in some form. Should keep all the AVGN in-jokes, but also be more of a parody of old games in general. Have a stage parodying RPG games like a Hydlide stage; a mining stage could be like Indiana Jones theme; (mining stages were my favorites in old games). A city stage like Dick Tracy or something. Driving parts like Ghostbusters. A forward-flying section ala Top Gun.
Only use disappearing (mega man) blocks in one stage but make the puzzle actually difficult, out of all the things that killed me in AVGN: Adventures, I don't think I ever lost a life to the disappearing block segments.
Get rid of Kyle and Bullpoop Man and buff Mike's attack. Have more power ups than the super scope.
---
We Do Not Sow
#7RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 5:45:43 AM
psyduck151 posted...
If they make a sequel I would love to see an underwater level.
My ideas are for the sequel are:
Make it less expensive or add more than 9 levels. Nostalgia Critic should make an appearance in some form. Should keep all the AVGN in-jokes, but also be more of a parody of old games in general. Have a stage parodying RPG games like a Hydlide stage; a mining stage could be like Indiana Jones theme; (mining stages were my favorites in old games). A city stage like Dick Tracy or something. Driving parts like Ghostbusters. A forward-flying section ala Top Gun.
Only use disappearing (mega man) blocks in one stage but make the puzzle actually difficult, out of all the things that killed me in AVGN: Adventures, I don't think I ever lost a life to the disappearing block segments.
Get rid of Kyle and Bullpoop Man and buff Mike's attack. Have more power ups than the super scope.

Why should they get rid of Kyle? I don't think he was that problematic. I agree that BS Man was rather useless and pointless... Maybe Board James could be added instead XD

"More than 9 levels" could be great, but for a first game, it's not surprising that they went with a rather small number to begin with, just to see how the crowd would like it.
---
#8ShaminardrgnPosted 10/11/2013 3:40:31 AM
They should also bring in Bad Luck Bootsy!
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#9ShinWeskerPosted 10/11/2013 4:57:43 AM
Good level design.
---
My Blog:
http://shinwesker.wordpress.com/
#10RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 5:26:16 AM
ShinWesker posted...
Good level design.

Well, it was their first attempt, they'll get it better next time.
---