Fire Emblem or Bravely Default >_<

#1from finlandPosted 12/26/2013 1:53:26 AM
One of those which one questions. I don't remember if i've ever done this before but now i really must. It's so darn difficult to choose. I would buy both but right now itís just not possible because of my money situation. Iím more of an rpg lover and never really liked strategy games that much but there is no denying that I liked more of fire emblemís demo. In my opinion it was heaps better than bravely default's demo but then again Iíve also heard that demo doesnít really tell you much about the real game. Somehow I feel like I would love the real game if I could get into the story from the beginning. Darn darn..i was so sure of buying bravely default first but after trying fire emblem's demo it made my choosing so much more difficult. Story is very important to me so which game has better story?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#2Deimos259Posted 12/26/2013 1:58:09 AM
FIre Emblem is about the characters while the story is weak. Bravely Default has good characters as well but it also has a better story.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#3zelosjrPosted 12/26/2013 2:22:23 AM
Fire Emblem is better if you prefer a challenge or like strategy games, while Bravely Default is more traditional and has a slightly better story.

Get both, but if you're only getting one no one can really tell you which you'll like better.
---
Y Version - Sheena: 0817-3762-6045
#4SosdocPosted 12/26/2013 3:12:53 AM
BD demo is a bit differenti from the main game, it doesn't really take time to explain things and puts you in an area where you might get beaten to death easily if you don't take time to prepare your characters.
The actual game flows much better, with voiced dialogues, an interesting story and customizable difficulty. If you liked any of the early final fantasy games you'll probably like this one as well.

The story starts with some clichťs, but it picks up later on and gets pretty good IMO. Compared to FE, BD has definitely a better story, unfortunately, you can't see that from the demo.

If you're an RPG fan, especially the classic ones, BD won't disappoint, FE is a great game too and one of the best for people new to the series, but given what you like I'd vote for Bravely Default.
---
3DS friend code: 3780 - 9051 - 4102
If you add me PM me so I can add you back.
#5nazacuckooPosted 12/26/2013 4:36:05 AM
The Bravely Default Demo places you in this certain location and puts the emphasis on restoring Norende village. That is not the case with the main game, the main game starts like a normal story-driven RPG and Norende is pretty much an afterthought. I'm only a few hours into BD, but so far I'm liking it better than Fire Emblem, which I put 70 hours in to. That's not to say I don't like Fire Emblem, I love it, I just like BD better. You really can't go wrong with either of them, but I recommend Bravely Default.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#6BBFireflyPosted 12/26/2013 5:21:23 AM
Both are brilliant games with their good ans bad points. If you're only getting one for now then I'd reccomend BD simply because it's a lot easier to get into but honestly if you were only going to play 2 games from 2013 on 3DS, then these are definitely the ones to go for.
#7TalesOfXAndYPosted 12/26/2013 6:14:30 AM
You're asking on the Bravely Default Message Board

You're most likely are going to get biased opinions.

Ask this on the 3DS Message Board.
---
"So a Gen 4 Garchomp owns a bar.A Smogonite walks in and grows immensely nervous because there's no counter".-Great_Reapette FC:3024 5382 4032 Barry
#8RX02BansheePosted 12/26/2013 6:20:07 AM
TalesOfXAndY posted...

Most of the people there are American so that won't really help as most of them won't be making informed statements due to the game not being out there yet.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
The Zelda Games are not RPGs
#9Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/26/2013 6:25:20 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
TalesOfXAndY posted...

Most of the people there are American so that won't really help as most of them won't be making informed statements due to the game not being out there yet.

Pretty much this.

It helps a number of us have been able to play the original JP-only release last year on top of Fire Emblem.

I like both games, but I found myself coming back to BD more.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Bravely Default: For the Sequel, PazuDora Z
#10Other_SelfPosted 12/26/2013 6:43:14 AM
Well the Bravely Default demo is coming out in less than a week, and the Fire Emblem demo is already out. Give them a try and decide for yourself.
---
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU