Ninja + Performer = scary evasion damage tanking

#1katynashePosted 1/6/2014 8:13:11 PM
I have a whopping 13 hours and 29 minutes on my Bravery Default Demo save. I have collected everything and beaten all the bosses. I started the demo on hard and ran all the way through without changing the difficulty, which made things take longer than I would imagine on normal. And I did quite a bit of class leveling and toying around with combinations.

The one I found most fun was the following an Agnes:

Classes:
Main Ninja
Secondary Performer

Supports:
Transience (counter attack)
Comeback Kid (M&PAttack buff)
Turn tables (free BP on evasion)
Damage Dispersion (some extra mitigation to avoid being one-shoted)

The idea is you first turn brave casting Utsusemi (evade) / and Catch Me (raise chances of being targeted). You are then bait for attacks, but every time you are attacked you gain brave, gain attack, and counter attack.

By your second evasion you will be doing 150% physical damage, and with the extra brave you should be able to refresh Utsusemi every time it is removed. The damage is insane, and you mitigate considerable damage that your party would have been taking, allowing them to attack all out.

When I set up like this against the dragon with my other two physical fighters running evasions against the AE attack and my white mage just tanking through, I ended up killing the dragon before needing to heal. I literally cast my first heal spell to top off my white mage on the same round Agnes killed the dragon. It was lawls.

The only down side to this build is only one person in your party can net the full benefits.

---

Has anyone else run into funny builds like this which are wildly effective?
---
3DS FC: 2449-4980-4100
Pokemon X Name: Kate - Safari Type: Fighting with Pancham and Meditite
#2lulzacePosted 1/6/2014 9:14:48 PM
nice, maybe we should post other combos in one topic to give ppl an Idea o what to use
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#3xLinkkuPosted 1/7/2014 1:00:24 AM
I must try this! Thanks TC. I love toying around with the classes in this game, and there are only 9 that us demo players have used so far, I can't wait for the other 15(?)! :D
---
Official Fennekin of Pokemon boards
PSN: Savage_Deviljho | 3DS FC: Bryan 4296-3998-3033
#4YourigathPosted 1/7/2014 1:29:31 AM
lulzace posted...
nice, maybe we should post other combos in one topic to give ppl an Idea o what to use

There's a topic with combos here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68211148
#5lulzacePosted 1/7/2014 1:53:04 AM
:o thanks
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#6Deimos259Posted 1/7/2014 2:10:50 AM
Yeah, that one was great in the demo.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#7OkamiakuPosted 1/7/2014 11:38:40 AM
drop turn tables and damage dispersion for 2 handed for a damage boost.

A similar technique can be used with the Swordmaster+Performer combo for counters.
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#8katynashe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 2:50:46 PM
I don't know about two hand on a ninja, using two hand on Ninja's doesn't raise their damage all that much. Also using two hand means you don't get two daggers (which means you loose your double evasion buff) My ninja girl with two daggers has a base 40 evations O_o.

With that said running a valkyrie with two hand is wicked. I like to run two hand, Turn tables, and the bard incremental buff on my Valkyrie with Ninja as secondary. You first turn bravery and cast Utsusemi (evade) and then Jump. This lets you absorb any boss hits when you come back down (and recover the spent bravery for free). The damage with two hand and jump using a spear is scary.

---

There is another combination I'm using in the demo which does nutty damage:

Class:
Main Ninja
Sub Swordmaster

Passives:
Comeback Kid (M&PAttack buff)
Turn tables (free BP on evasion)
Redoubled Effort (increased damage with higher BP)

The idea with this is that you first turn Utsusemi (evade). You then have your Performer (who in this case is my healer) Brave x2 or x3. They buff physical attack of the group once, and then they BP bump the ninja 2 or 3 times.

The end result will be your Ninja will be immediately at a high BP level, and on first dodge will have max physical enhancement. With 3 BP they will have physical damage x 1.33 and with physical buff 1.5. I'm not sure if these are additive or multiplicative (they seem to be additive resulting in a total of 1.83 x base damage.

You can then either do Nothing Ventured (possible comboed with more Utsusemi evations) or do some rather massive basic attacks. When your healer has enough BP to charge you again, you use the ninja skill Ikkikasei with x 3 bravery attacks dealing massive damage. Following with your Performer charging you back up.

This works well with the Ninja + Performer tanking extra boss hits, a dragoon avoiding extra hits, and a tanky Preformer healer in your party.
---
#9Big_IsaacPosted 1/7/2014 3:13:45 PM
What exactly is the point of the Performer sub in your setup, TC?
You could just use Kairai, the Ninja ability, to do the same thing.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3784-2273
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#10katynashe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 3:47:37 PM
Right I've heard Kairai does the same thing (possibly better). The issue is in the demo you don't get Kairai.

I posed this top build in an OP thread and folks mentioned Kairai was all that was needed. Someone who had tried it noted that when used correctly as I outlined it can be quite a nasty combination depending on the bosses abilities.
---