Bravely Default: Information And Answers For Potential Buyers

#41BahamutKaiserPosted 2/20/2014 10:34:05 PMmessage detail
More like, to less offend American parents, given that the game has such little sex appeal anyway, I don't really see the point of showing skin, now if the game wasn't in DK mode and had better animation, hmm...
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.
#42edigital23Posted 3/2/2014 1:27:41 AMmessage detail
Well said.
---
Playing Bravely Default on 3DS..
#43rechajulayPosted 3/3/2014 8:07:18 PMmessage detail
Hi all,

i am planning to get this game, but i need one last push to get it ASAP or i'll procrastinate as long as possible while playing Rune Factory 4 lol.
Does this game have funny dialogues? I just love games with silly dialogue and funny character interaction such as phoenix wright series, skits in the Tales of Abyss, etc.
I have played the demo but the dialogue doesn't entertaining enough for me. Hope the full game is different.

thanks!
#44edigital23Posted 3/3/2014 8:22:43 PMmessage detail
@rechajulay. I think there is humor in the dialogue. A bit of overacting with some of the voice actors, but still entertaining.
---
Playing Bravely Default on 3DS..
#45vihenaPosted 3/13/2014 1:09:30 AMmessage detail
to comment on SP not being very useful, it actually is, especially against bosses. When you trigger one, it removes the 9999 damage limit. I've been able to do over 100,000 damage to a boss with that.
---
http://www.radiantdreamer.net for your anime and video game needs.
#46fruit_ketchupPosted 4/6/2014 1:31:22 AMmessage detail
The music is cheesy and awful.
---
deviantart/soundcloud/PSN: jeandeve
NNID: fruitketchup/3797-6637-9282 ~ The Backloggery: eve
#47Gun_ChariotPosted 4/16/2014 3:36:49 AMmessage detail
I was told that bravely default for the sequel for the japan 3ds has english subtitles too. how do i turn them on?
#48zeldamaster2Posted 4/24/2014 5:41:32 PMmessage detail
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of buying this game. I already played a bit of the demo; I thought the battle system was really fun, but I'm not sure about how the game story progresses. Would you say the game progression is fun if you enjoy the battle system? What kind of level design elements should I expect? Is it linear or is there a lot of exploration? Are there mazes / complicated dungeons with hidden objects to find. Are there a lot of sidequests and collectibles? How's grinding in the game?
#49Biospark27Posted 4/25/2014 8:30:22 AMmessage detail
zeldamaster2 posted...
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of buying this game. I already played a bit of the demo; I thought the battle system was really fun, but I'm not sure about how the game story progresses. Would you say the game progression is fun if you enjoy the battle system? What kind of level design elements should I expect? Is it linear or is there a lot of exploration? Are there mazes / complicated dungeons with hidden objects to find. Are there a lot of sidequests and collectibles? How's grinding in the game?

The level design is mostly linear to be honest - the main parts of this game (including the quests and subquests) are regular battles, boss battles and simple dungeons - but the battle system is quite well thought out and allows for multiple strategies. The game expects you to form different strategies later on.

There aren't side quests such as "get X items" like there were in the demo, but the optional quests in this game have varying rewards.

As for grinding, there may be some required, but generally it isn't too bad because you can speed up battles and certain abilities make it easier.

It isn't a game that I'd get for the story alone, but if you enjoy customisation and experimenting with the battle system, it may suit you. Just be wary that there is a lengthy time commitment involved with this game (40-100 or more hours), so keep that in mind.
---
(Un)official member of the Praline Fanclub!
Follow my review progress here: http://biospark27gfaqs.tumblr.com/
#50TylendalPosted 5/6/2014 11:02:25 PMmessage detail
One question that will make or break this game for me. When can you save? I want a portable game, one that I can play for ten minutes on the bus. Can I save at any time (outside of battles at least), or can I only save at certain locations, or have to activate some sort of save station?
---
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quantum Junction: Use Both Lanes.