Curbstomped by Salamander and Satan HELP

#1UltimagaWeaponPosted 1/12/2014 2:44:10 AM
I'm at Chapter 4 trying to do the Vampire Castle subquest and I choose to fight Salamander first because it's breath attack doesn't cause status effects but I can't beat him, it's breath attack is a 1 hit KO for 2-3 party members (that's before he uses his Scorching Eye ability). I tried giving everyone Utsusemi and Turn Table but they can't use Utsusemi fast enough, plus when I attack the dragon I only deal like 40~60 damage per hit.

Also I tried fighting Satan, but he always beats me. I deal normal damage compared to the dragon but I can't brave to attack him because he recovers BP, thus making the battle really slow; plus I don't have any equipment that protects against the Berserk status. If he kills 1 party member I can't keep up with healing the Berserk status and reviving thus he gathers BP and uses his full party combo attack killing me.

Currently I'm Lvl. 58.

Tiz: Ninja/Thief
Agnés: White Mage/ Salve-maker
Ringabel: Black Mage / Red Mage
Edea: Templar/ Freelancer.
---
"Dive it to the Sky" - Kingdom Hearts
#2kuro-shinigamiPosted 1/12/2014 3:20:48 AM
Try making one of your characters a Spritmaster with any character having the Hasten World ability, then keep Enigma (Immune to all elements) or at least the skill which halves elemental damage up.

Either that or go with the cheap alternatuve and have 4 Ninja w/ acrobatics spamming Super Jump with Hastwn World active.
---
Eggplant
IGN: Xenon | FC: 0962-9899-3245 | TURTLE
#3UltimagaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 5:08:24 AM
Thanks.

Whoa, there's a lot of grinding needed, guess I better start.

Would this make all the subquests in Chapter 5-8 and the last boss easy?
---
#4kuro-shinigamiPosted 1/12/2014 5:14:17 AM
It's really easy to over level which yes, does make everything easy since I was grindibg job keveks for the vampire side quest as well with the growth egg and before I realised it I went from lv 50 to 99.
---
Eggplant
#5silktailPosted 1/12/2014 10:56:02 PM
kuro-shinigami posted...
Try making one of your characters a Spritmaster with any character having the Hasten World ability, then keep Enigma (Immune to all elements) or at least the skill which halves elemental damage up.

I didn't have either of those skills at that time and didn't want to grind. So I just had 2 people use Spirit Ward and Compounding to nullify the element.

I also had a decent amount of the Piracy Ability, so I could debuff the dragons and do more damage (take less damage too).
But there are probably lots of ways to do decent damage to them, I was just playing to my current strengths.
---
#6kuro-shinigamiPosted 1/13/2014 12:10:00 AM
I didn't have Hasten worl at the time but I invested a lot into spiritmaster for Agnes and Pirate + Swordmaster for mostly everyone else so it was mainly Free Lunch + AMP Strike/ AMP Summons.
---
Eggplant
#7UltimagaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 5:06:18 AM
Would Defang work for both the Bite and the Breath attack?
---
#8Samurai-NeviusPosted 1/13/2014 5:31:33 AM
UltimagaWeapon posted...
Would Defang work for both the Bite and the Breath attack?
Yes, they are both physical attacks.
For the same reason, Rampart works wonders (completely negate damage), even better than Enigma.

It's very easy to grind levels in chapter 4, but be sure to disable exp gain or you'll end up lv99 ruining the challenge from then onward.

Anyway, just south of Eternia, all enemies are weak to fire. Have a Salve-Maker with speed up passives and Attack Item Amp, equip some speed-boosting gear (Hermes Sandals, Falcon Knife).
Buy 99 Phlogiston (they cost 200 each) to Compound them into Bomb Arms (their valure is 2000 each).
Equip everyone else with priority-related accessories (negate "enemy gets the first strike", boost your "allies get the first strike" chances, etc), then have the Salve-Maker brave and compound 2 Bomb Arms (costs 4 Phlogiston).
You'll get all 3 bonuses (1-turn victory, no damage, sweeper), auto battle works wonder. From time to time be sure to sleep at the inn because during the night enemies change and are no longer weak to fire.
#9UltimagaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 11:21:25 AM
Thanks, this works really fast ^^

I'm almost done leveling up the Spiritmaster and the Time Mage for Hasten World, what's the strategy?
---
#10UltimagaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 7:12:22 AM
I already beat the dragons but Hasten World wasn't really useful, I wasn't able to keep with the dragon acting twice per turn. Just spammed Defang and Curada. What helped me the most was rising up 10 levels.

Is there anything that prevents Berserk? (Up to Chapter 4.)
---