My job tier list. (job spoilers)

#1ChromaticAngelPosted 2/20/2014 9:37:04 PM
Job are taken as is, graded as if used in a balanced party, used in ways that do not confer total invulnerability. Job support skills are not taken into account except for the one that the job gets for free. Jobs are tiered as a main job, so while Sword Magic may be totally awesome, the Spell Fencer job itself isn't that great.

God tier:
Spiritmaster
Vampire
Freelancer

High tier:
Salve-Maker
Dark Knight
Ninja
Conjurer
White Mage
Summoner
Merchant

Mid tier:
Black Mage
Arcanist
Time Mage
Ranger
Thief
Valkyrie
Swordmaster

Low tier:
Monk
Templar
Pirate
Knight

Bottom tier:
Red Mage
Spell Fencer
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#2MettanAtemPosted 2/20/2014 9:39:09 PM
Shouldn't Pirate be higher? It's got what is probably the highest strength stat of any job that isn't Freelancer.
#3578t7645uyb5Posted 2/20/2014 9:40:18 PM
Hoooooow is Pirate bottom tier?

Also I think Red Mage deserves more credit, it's broken until Black/White Lv. 5 magic comes into play, but until then it's a master of both.
---
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4
#4Dante2049Posted 2/20/2014 9:40:27 PM
Templar is amazing so i disagree with it being that low
---
3ds- Pokemon X//Bravely Default
Vita- Ys: Memories of Celtia/Muramasa Rebirth/Toukiden: The Age Of Demons
#5ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 9:40:38 PM
MettanAtem posted...
Shouldn't Pirate be higher? It's got what is probably the highest strength stat of any job that isn't Freelancer.

Pirate's downfall is that the main weapon it's proficient in, axes, have terrible accuracy, and so despite having the highest strength, their damage is usually lackluster unless you do something to compensate for their awful accuracy (either by using hawkeye from ranger or a weapon lore support ability)
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#6EpsteinBarrPosted 2/20/2014 9:41:55 PM
Swordmaster is too low.
#7xylophone2Posted 2/20/2014 9:44:15 PM
So, if these are ranked as main jobs, why is Vampire so high? It's free passive is completely useless and balanced stats aren't all that great IMO.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII
Want Dittos? Can't find a safari? PM me for free 2IV ones.
#8MettanAtemPosted 2/20/2014 9:45:23 PM
And really, Time Mage should be lower since it's a terrible primary job.
Time Slip is absolutely useless since your second chance is no better than your first.
#9OwnagepuffsPosted 2/20/2014 9:45:45 PM
As a main job, Monk and Swordmaster are still amazing enough to make it into high tier.

Pirate, even as a main job is too low. Dual Wield Fox Tails fixes literally all their weaknesses.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#10ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 9:46:05 PM
MettanAtem posted...
And really, Time Mage should be lower since it's a terrible primary job.
Time Slip is absolutely useless since your second chance is no better than your first.

I actually lost a fight, time slipped, and won a second time so it's not absolutely useless
---