My job tier list. (job spoilers)

#21xylophone2Posted 2/20/2014 10:21:19 PM(edited)
ChromaticAngel posted...
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
Why is Freelancer so high? The stat bonuses from mastering jobs?

basically just Mimic

That's not a very good reason at all. While Mimic is great, it's still part of the Miscellany skillset. If we're ranking based on usefulness as a main job, the free passive and base stats are more important. Look at it this way, how many Jobs pair up better as Freelancer/X as opposed to X/Freelancer? That would be a good determinate of main job usefulness.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII
Want Dittos? Can't find a safari? PM me for free 2IV ones.
#22AerteaPosted 2/20/2014 10:31:06 PM
Freelancer/Performer is one of the most broken setups in the game, and better statwise than Performer/Freelancer. That should merit a high rating for Freelancer as a primary job.
#23dascylusPosted 2/20/2014 10:33:56 PM(edited)
Your low tier list is severely flawed and leads me to believe you have absolutely no clue as how to utilize each of those classes properly.
#24Hirokey123Posted 2/20/2014 10:32:13 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
MettanAtem posted...
Shouldn't Pirate be higher? It's got what is probably the highest strength stat of any job that isn't Freelancer.

Pirate's downfall is that the main weapon it's proficient in, axes, have terrible accuracy, and so despite having the highest strength, their damage is usually lackluster unless you do something to compensate for their awful accuracy (either by using hawkeye from ranger or a weapon lore support ability)

But half those jobs in your high tier can be said the same, they aren't as good unless they have supports from other jobs helping them. Pirate needs only a way to circumvent the axe accuracy otherwise it has the ability of dealing fantastic physical damage while debuffing the enemies. It's a great job definitely not a low tier one by any means of the word.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#25xylophone2Posted 2/20/2014 10:33:56 PM
Aertea posted...
Freelancer/Performer is one of the most broken setups in the game, and better statwise than Performer/Freelancer. That should merit a high rating for Freelancer as a primary job.

Which is exactly my point. You put the Freelancer first because it's better stat-wise. Not because of Mimic as TC said.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII
Want Dittos? Can't find a safari? PM me for free 2IV ones.
#26DriftedOffPosted 2/20/2014 10:59:50 PM
How are you using your Summoner and Conjurer?

I'm not disagreeing with your tier list, but I am curious about those two jobs since I'm interested in utilizing them also.
---
FC: 3711-7837-8047
#27Liger_ArionPosted 2/21/2014 12:17:03 AM
Dante2049 posted...
Templar is amazing so i disagree with it being that low

Seconded. Templar/Knight Ringabel saved me in a few fights and was MVP in the final boss battle.
#28alt_realityPosted 2/21/2014 12:25:08 AM
The correct way to do this would be to list each pairing of classes... though it would involve quite a bit more combinations to consider. Though it might spawn new class combos that no one would think to even use.
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#29gorgeousgamerPosted 2/21/2014 12:38:27 AM
dascylus posted...
Your low tier list is severely flawed and leads me to believe you have absolutely no clue as how to utilize each of those classes properly.

Nail meet Hammer, my thoughts exactly! There is so much diversity in the job system, this topic isn't entirely pointless, but your list needs some serious adjusting and you may want to experience and test out quite a bit more before projecting an opinion as off-based as this.
---
PSN: hawk_eye99
Misa FC: 4699-6598-6565 Dark: Vullaby, Sneasel, and Liepard