List of Genome Locations

#1vggamercloudPosted 2/22/2014 5:58:29 PM
Looked around on the forums and have yet to see a comprehensive list of genomes and locations combined so I figured I’d put this together real quick. Ya, some abilities can be found by multiple monsters but I find these to be the easiest ways to get all the abilities.

-Ja Spells don’t show up on the notes list until learned. No ???? entries for them.

Also, if you are having any trouble getting certain moves to be used on you, make sure you have Hasten World turned off. Took me awhile to figure that one out on a few moves like White Wind and Chomp. Not 100% but more likely to be used if it’s off.

Chapter 4. There are others you can get in 4, but these are the specific ones you can’t get again after 4 until the bonus dungeon.

Venom - Red Flan – Underflow
Wing Scales - Great Moth - Miasma Woods
Dual Attack – Catamount - Witherwood
Chomp – Valtora – Crescent Island
Paralyzing Pollen - Alrune - Florem Gardens
Fireball - D'Gon - Witherwoods
Earthquake - Soil Eater - Eisenberg region
Sandstorm – Sandworm - Ancheim region
Gastic Juices - Gastric Worm - Everlast Tower
White Wind - Aero Lantern - Wind Temple (charm them while your Vampire is at very low HP)

Chapter 5+

Zwart - Blaster – Zwart - Twilight Ruins
Kobold - Withering Silence - Caldisla area
Megascolides - Rock Storm – Everlast Tower
Kaiser Cobra - Toxic Whirl - Everlast Tower
Curse – Spectre – Caldisla area (Night)
Spray – Death Fish – Ocean
Firestorm – Flame Moth – Underflow
Bone Crush – Skull Lancer – Mythril Mine lvl 2 / Underflow
Tornado – Rukh - Floram Area
Lullaby – Hamadryad – Floram Area
Blizzard Blast – Ice Golem – Northern Eternia

Bosses / Nemesis

Hellfire - Othros - Wind Crystal (Ch 5+)
Deep Freeze – Othros – Wind Crystal (Ch 5+)
Aqua Regia – Rusalka – Water Crystal (Ch 5+)
Energy Burst – Chaugmar – Fire Crystal (Ch 5+)
Firaja - Belphegor [-](Lvl 20), Belphegor (lvl 80) - Norende
Blizzaja - Mammon, Belphegor (lvl 80) - Norende
Thundaja - Asmodeus, Belphegor (lvl 80) - Norende
Aeroja – Lucifer - Norende
#2bloodydarnPosted 2/22/2014 6:00:53 PM
The FAQ's have lists available. But thanks anyways.
#3vggamercloud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 6:19:21 PM
Still nice to have an easy to find list on the forum.
#4noz3r0Posted 2/22/2014 6:21:50 PM
It won't be easy to find. This will be buried by the morning unless you incessantly bump it.
---
http://www.facebook.com/noz3r0
Prolific Contributor:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#5AgumonzPosted 2/22/2014 6:23:39 PM
Do you have to get damaged by the attack to learn it? Or can you learn it while Stillness is in effect?
---
Friend Code: 3024-5322-2812
#6ChromaticAngelPosted 2/22/2014 6:24:43 PM
Agumonz posted...
Do you have to get damaged by the attack to learn it? Or can you learn it while Stillness is in effect?

stillness works, but if the attack has a status component stillness won't protect you from the status, and if you are confused/sleeped/anything that causes you to lose control of your character you won't learn the status.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#7vggamercloud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 6:25:49 PM
hmm, honestly don't know. Never even thought to use stillness. Bone Crush was the only move that was a pain to learn.
#8AgumonzPosted 2/22/2014 6:28:41 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
Agumonz posted...

stillness works, but if the attack has a status component stillness won't protect you from the status, and if you are confused/sleeped/anything that causes you to lose control of your character you won't learn the status.

So if I want to learn a genome that inflicts a status ailment, I have to get hit AND not get affected? Any tips on those genomes?
---
Friend Code: 3024-5322-2812
#9bloodydarnPosted 2/22/2014 6:29:04 PM
noz3r0 posted...
It won't be easy to find. This will be buried by the morning unless you incessantly bump it.

Easy to find using the Search function. People just gotta know it's there to use, or not be dumb and use it. "Genome" is in the topic title, so it wouldn't be hard.
#10bloodydarnPosted 2/22/2014 6:30:31 PM(edited)
Agumonz posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Agumonz posted...

So if I want to learn a genome that inflicts a status ailment, I have to get hit AND not get affected? Any tips on those genomes?

Wear a Ribbon.

Edit: Or make everyone Vampires, or make sure everyone has the Genome learning ability equipped.