6 Keystones and the wyverns (spoilers) Chapter 5 Help

#1Scaccia101Posted 2/28/2014 4:29:38 PM
I'm in the second world and I'm taking out all the bosses and sub-bosses again and I really want to take down the DeRosso but I need to fight all those dragons first.

I'm level 61
Tiz = 14 Knight
Ringabell = 14 Knight
Anges' = 14 Black Mage
Edea = 14 White Mage

That darn breath move just keeps whipping me out and fast.
Does anyone have any useful tips or strategies to take these guys down?

I do have both eggs (one for EXP and JP and the one for PG)
#2CyberDragon10KPosted 2/28/2014 4:33:30 PM
The Spiritmaster has a skill called Enigma at job level 13 that nullifies elemental damage to everyone. Use it and laugh at their breath attacks. Use it again after they cast their eye skill to make you weak and keep on laughing. :T

Or just roll Ninjas and beat them while AFK. :x
#3blazenwhiperPosted 2/28/2014 4:35:23 PM
CyberDragon10K posted...
The Spiritmaster has a skill called Enigma at job level 13 that nullifies elemental damage to everyone. Use it and laugh at their breath attacks. Use it again after they cast their eye skill to make you weak and keep on laughing. :T

Or just roll Ninjas and beat them while AFK. :x

I used enigma in both water and holy dragon fight, and Both of their elemental breaths hit me.
---
3DS Friend code: 0705 - 2982 - 5669(FC Safari - Fletchinder, Growlith, Charmeleon)
#4RaidkenPosted 2/28/2014 4:35:27 PM
Four ninjas, with transience support ability.
Have each one use Utsusemi on the first turn, and press Y.

Do this for every wyvern.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4527-8611-4576
PM me if you wish to add me
#5Scaccia101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 4:45:32 PM
Thanks guys!
#6abyssPosted 2/28/2014 4:50:51 PM
Well, most people will tell you to cheese them (Stillness *destroys* them).

If you want to do it properly:

They always attack in the pattern Attack -> Attack -> Eye. So abuse that.

Make sure you have the skill/accessory that lowers elemental damage for each character.

Most of them also have a status effect on their breath attack, so you'll want the skill that negates that. The Dark Dragon's Dread is I believe the only one that can't be negated with skills, and you only have access to two Courage Badges. You'll need to suck it up, or negate it with other abilities.

The Breath causes physical elemental damage, so you want to have any physical protective stuff you can. This really comes down to what you've got access to/are willing to grind for.

You'll need the Spiritmaster skill that buffs healing for your White Mage.

From there, it's pretty much a case of whether you're strong enough to survive the breath attack and heal.
#7NeonDragon9000Posted 2/28/2014 5:13:21 PM
I just finally beat all six, and I used a combination of Rampart/Stillness (only attacking with the Ninja's always-go-first attack), and then Enigma. By alternating, you can build up enough BP to do this every turn. (Although as long as Rampart is up, you don't need to.) A Spiritmaster can also cast Fairy Ward on anyone who isn't Rampart'd (if they got attacked, for example).

It's a pretty slow method, but hey, it works... I took very little damage, and even people defaulting can probably survive a breath attack.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe