Tell me why you like the outfits.

#1Sacred_ArfaidPosted 3/1/2014 2:16:48 PM
I use to think that LR soured me on the concept of gratuitous outfits in JRPGs, but when I think back on it, the idea as always kinda left me cold. I just what to here you reasons for liking the concept, so maybe I won't be so down on it. Again this is more of a general discussion about this concept, you are necessarily trying to convince me, but if it happens, hooray.

Note: I don't consider any of the job classes' clothing to be gratuitous.
#2PentaoPosted 3/1/2014 2:30:17 PM
I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking.

What's LR? What's this about gratuitous outfits?
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#3Anthoba32Posted 3/1/2014 2:33:35 PM
Wadda hell ya talking about?
---
3DS FC: 4768-7468-5394 (Yveltal for 6v ditto?)
Just PM me and I will add you.
#4RikashiPosted 3/1/2014 2:34:26 PM
I think LR refers to Lightning Returns, and that the TC is trying to start a discussion about 'gratuitous' outfits like the Bravo Bikini?

In any case, I don't particularly like or dislike most of the outfits. Templar and DK look pretty cool, while the Ranger just seems silly.
---
I just solved the s*** out of this puzzle!
- Sigma, Virtue's Last Reward
#5Pikaboom22Posted 3/1/2014 2:35:54 PM
I'm trying to decipher OP's weird logic...but from what I can understand (via breaking his sentence into several parts), he's basically saying:

"JRPG's have gaudy outfits. Why do you guys like gaudy outfits. The outfits in Bravely Default are Gaudy, so try to convince me otherwise."

Uh...they look cool/fashionable to me. Get over it?
#6Hirokey123Posted 3/1/2014 2:39:10 PM
Why is this even on this board wouldn't it make more sense to go talk about this on the LR board since apparently you don't have any issues with the outfits in BD.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7Sacred_Arfaid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 2:47:18 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
Why is this even on this board wouldn't it make more sense to go talk about this on the LR board since apparently you don't have any issues with the outfits in BD.

Bravely Default has a few instances of want I'm talking about, and I'm not really up to trying to start conversation on the Lightning Returns board. It would most likely be easier to sell me on the "outfits for outfits' sake" concept use a game I like, instead of one I wish didn't exist.
#8Sacred_Arfaid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 2:53:21 PM
Wow. I didn't think it would be that hard to understand.

I either don't like it or don't care about it when a JRPG lets you change into different outfits just for the hell of it. I just want to hear from people that like that like that concept so that I could warm up to the idea.
#9Hirokey123Posted 3/1/2014 2:57:21 PM
It adds more customization and personalization, it usually allows you to overwrite the outfit the character is wearing if you don't like that oufit (for example male arcanist) but want to use that class, and it's entirely optional so there is no reason to dislike an entirely optional feature that is not in any way forced upon you.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#10578t7645uyb5Posted 3/1/2014 2:58:52 PM
Because I find it fun to play dress up.

I like customizing outfits to my personal tastes and to what I think looks good. I'm a huge sucker for aesthetics and I enjoy looking good.
---
Braev Lee D's Fault