SPOILERS: What if Genome abilities

#1Unbound-KingPosted 3/8/2014 5:57:50 PM
I really wish you could learn all the moves your enemies used. Like Acedia and Zeta Flare, those would definitely make the vampire job class seem more intimidating. What moves do you wish were Genomes?
---
I have no idea what I'm doing - Noob
#2Metal Gear RaxisPosted 3/8/2014 6:02:54 PM
Unbound-King posted...
I really wish you could learn all the moves your enemies used. Like Acedia and Zeta Flare, those would definitely make the vampire job class seem more intimidating. What moves do you wish were Genomes?

Acedia as a Genome would be wicked powerful o.e
---
The Nanoha that you've always admired is an invincible Ace who will not lose to anybody.
#3Unbound-King(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 6:13:16 PM
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
Unbound-King posted...

Acedia as a Genome would be wicked powerful o.e

Yeah, the games is breakable as is, so I think adding a few more op attacks would be ok, right?
I also wished we had more options like these so a low-level run(since ringabel and edea are evil and come higher than Level 1) wouldn't become a spam fest of repeated tactics in later chapters.
---
I have no idea what I'm doing - Noob
#4SigmaSlashPosted 3/8/2014 6:19:03 PM
Zeta Flare would be great, but Acedia would be outstanding.
---
Name: Daniel
Friend Code: 3754-8146-2904 (Dedenne, Floette, Mawile)
#5VolknPosted 3/8/2014 6:23:05 PM
It would make more sense. I never understood why the game allows certain moves. Vampire would then become the most broken class without competition.
#6AsterixKingPosted 3/8/2014 6:24:45 PM
Some unique "Blue Magic" would of been nice. Surely we didn't need Rock Blast AND Earthquake >.>
---
Eldritch abominations from beyond the edge of the planes are easily intimidated.
However, they can be very intimidating themselves.
#7An_Unkind_RGNPosted 3/8/2014 7:29:15 PM
Acedia should have been an Arcanist ability imo, with the spiritmaster you are able to nullify all elemental weaknesses for your party. It would have been cool if Arcanist was able to make all enemies weak to all elements (except their element) for a set amount of turns. Broken, but cool.
---
I'll never shirk this first world curse... A steady hurt, and a sturdy purse...
#8OwnagepuffsPosted 3/8/2014 7:35:04 PM
I already made a topic about Acedia. It definitely should have been a genome. Zeta flare is basically Firaja, Airy style. But Acedia? Definitely genome worthy. And by the time you would get it, there isn't much left to break the game.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#9nirualPosted 3/9/2014 2:06:42 AM
Salve-Makers can already make enemies weak to an element, so it wouldn't exactly be a new thing (besides most bosses already have an elemental weakness). that said, I'm pretty happy with the Genomes available, although I would've cut several from the list since they are entirely pointless:

-Spray sounds nice in theory, but it doesn't seem to be dealing any worthwhile damage.
-Blizzard Blast is outclassed by Deep Freeze
-Rock Storm is outclassed by Earthquake
-Firestorm vs. Gastric Juices: pretty much the same skill, except for the element. Also Aqua Regia is in the same niche of lowering defense, but 24 MP for less damage and lasting a turn longer...
and purely for that debuffing they are all outclassed by Curse at 8 MP, which also lowers attack.