How far into the game does streetpass activate?

#1IRCRomeoPosted 4/9/2014 8:38:21 PM
I searched and didn't find an answer....

I picked up the BE CE at launch though have yet had any time to play it. I'm going to be traveling very soon and attending some festivals where I'm sure I'll get a ton of tags. How far into the game do I need to be to activate streetpass? Is it available right up front?
#2crystalchaosPosted 4/9/2014 8:49:24 PM
It's available fairly close to the start, within the first hour.
You do need to unlock Norende at least for it to start working, but that's easily within the first bit of gameplay (especially if you put it on easy you can reach it fairly quickly).
#3IRCRomeo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:57:51 PM
The reason I haven't played is I dedicate gaming to one game at a time. Especially when it comes to RPGs that's know require many hours of dedication... I need to be ready for it.

You mentioned about an hour.... could you estimates about how deep into the story that is?

Side note: I completed the demo and have all seven unlocks. Does that auto link upon game start?
#4lod7Posted 4/9/2014 9:10:56 PM
I am pretty sure it is when you find all 4 party members some where around there. Yeah should be in the first hour or less.
---
A man chooses, I chose the impossible. Against all odds and with big brass balls I became a historian and a savior. I am seriously good at this
#5IRCRomeo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:10:13 PM
I just got to Norende for the first time, only have two party members though the game gave a brief tutorial about streetpass and then updated telling me I didn't tag anyone yet. Am I far enough?
#6IRCRomeo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:32:29 PM
Since I can't edit, you have to talk to the king a second time to get the Norende map. I have the 20 carryover villagers now. I was in a rush to activate because I'm hoping to a huge festival tomorrow and I know for sure I'm going to get a huge amount of tags.
#7IokuaPosted 4/12/2014 12:26:04 AM
I have no idea how the streetpass mechanic is supposed to work... as no matter where I wander with my 3DS I never find anyone else to streetpass with. :S
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#8R_HunterPosted 4/12/2014 12:45:06 AM
I think you tap the little icon to initiate it (the one above the Norende icon) then you quickly close your 3DS before it says that you didn't pass by anyone..
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#9lod7Posted 4/12/2014 12:57:58 AM
R_Hunter posted...
I think you tap the little icon to initiate it (the one above the Norende icon) then you quickly close your 3DS before it says that you didn't pass by anyone..

No, you just make sure the switch on the side of the DS is turned on allowing you to receive and send data. Then you need an accoun,t not in game but an actual account with a mii and all, get the norende option then boom street pass automatically starts working when you put the DS in sleep mode. A little green light at the top right corner of the closed DS will indicate a street pass and when you flip open the DS will show a little animation showing you passed someone.
---
A man chooses, I chose the impossible. Against all odds and with big brass balls I became a historian and a savior. I am seriously good at this