How exactly does the jump trick work?

#1crystalchaosPosted 4/10/2014 6:41:49 PM
Can someone walk me through the jump auto battle?
Don't think I'd ever use it but every time I see it mentioned I scratch my head wondering how the thing works.

So you need hasten world, and need to out speed the enemy, that part I get.
But nowhere in the move does it say that super jump executes at the end of turn. From how I see it, if you out speed the enemy, you jump before their attack sure, but then it also means you'll land before they attack when you come down?
#2sirfooPosted 4/10/2014 6:51:56 PM
Most bosses can't attack even if you land before their "turn" because there was nothing to target.

Some exceptions are bosses with self-targeting abilities like the Invigorate-explosion.
#3crystalchaos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 6:53:48 PM
Ugh wanna face palm myself.
Totally forgot of course you can't attack if there's no target to select.

I see why it works now, save for the no required target moves.
#4VirusLordPosted 4/10/2014 10:59:38 PM
Does that actually matter? I've frequently had characters take hits when they were most certainly not a valid target at the beginning of the turn. But I suppose it might be different if there are no valid targets at turn start...
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#5Chinmi_IronfistPosted 4/11/2014 12:40:25 AM
VirusLord posted...
Does that actually matter? I've frequently had characters take hits when they were most certainly not a valid target at the beginning of the turn. But I suppose it might be different if there are no valid targets at turn start...

there is a difference between character X can't be targeted and there are no targets. You should have noticed that if you want Ringabel to steal from monster A, but Tiz kills monster A before Ringabel's turn. Ringabel will then steal from monster B instead. Similarly if there is at least one target on the ground, your jump invincibility doesn't work because the enemy may target Tiz on the ground, then Tiz jumps and Ringabel lands and the move originally aimed at Tiz will hit Ringabel instead.
#6RPGgamemaster6Posted 4/11/2014 2:28:29 AM
What I don't get is a character I just revived getting hit and no one else is targeted, It seems like enemy mechanics are targeted like "attack target with lowest health" instead of picking a character by name.
---
PSN(Vita) - ChaosX6 | Xbox - Dragonkid6
3DS FC: 5112-3485-8994 [Dragonkid6]
#7Sailor_NemesisPosted 4/11/2014 3:15:30 AM
RPGgamemaster6 posted...
What I don't get is a character I just revived getting hit and no one else is targeted, It seems like enemy mechanics are targeted like "attack target with lowest health" instead of picking a character by name.

As for who enemies attack, it is mostly random, but uses a threat based system. You can actually reproduce a portion of this, though:

Fight a pack of 6 enemies.
Attack enemy #1 (there is the number 1 near it on the lower screen).
This means you will attack SLOT #1 on enemies.
Now if that enemy dies and you use AUTO, you will STILL attack slot #1. Alas, there is no enemy there, so you switch to a RANDOM other enemy.
However, if enemies can summon reinforcements, and they so happen to re-fill slot #1, you will again attack that reinforced slot during AUTO battle with priority. No randomness!

Now there is two possible enemy actions around:
- Enemies are just targeting your slot #5 for single target attacks - which is never filled, thus ensuring somewhat random actions. Their threat system and targeting priorities also come in - like better AI will choose an enemy that can be killed over one near max HP. Dunno if the AI here is actually that good, but I wouldn't be surprised.
- Enemies just focus on the highest threat - which the guy that died most likely already had, thus meaning he will get the next hit just as well. Wouldn't be too surprising either, and much more simple. As long as they take the action, their target is determined only when actually doing the attack, though, which seems a bit unlikely.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SailorNemesis1
3DS Friend Code 2621-2624-2146
#8crystalchaos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 7:57:11 AM
Actually it may follow the 'pack of 6 enemy' AI depending on how ringabel was revived. If it was through reraise or autophoenix:
Monster A targets Ringabel
Monster B targets Ringabel
Monster A attacks, kills Ringabel - ringabel no longer valid target
Edea acts - triggers auto phoenix - ringabel valid target again
Monster B attacks, Ringabel valid target, kills ringabel

It's entirely possible to get something like that
#9VirusLordPosted 4/13/2014 9:57:28 PM
crystalchaos posted...
Actually it may follow the 'pack of 6 enemy' AI depending on how ringabel was revived. If it was through reraise or autophoenix:
Monster A targets Ringabel
Monster B targets Ringabel
Monster A attacks, kills Ringabel - ringabel no longer valid target
Edea acts - triggers auto phoenix - ringabel valid target again
Monster B attacks, Ringabel valid target, kills ringabel

It's entirely possible to get something like that

It frequently happens in cases where the character was dead at the start of the round and revived during that round, though. It makes it EXTREMELY frustrating when you have only one healer, and they're dead, with -1 BP, and a relatively slow speed, because they'll need to survive the round that they get resurrected, a second round while they recover BP, and most of a third round until their action kicks in.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW