Wait a sec, are you f***ing with me!? *post ch. 5 spoilers I think*

#121_21Posted 4/21/2014 7:18:16 PM
I'm up to Chapter 6, and I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS OVER AGAIN!!!!!????????????????

INCLUDING the side quests!!!???
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#2SigmaSlashPosted 4/21/2014 7:20:35 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I saw this topic.

But yes, everything has reset. There is one difference in that you can get a new job class, but that's it.

I suppose I should warn you preemptively that Chapters 7 and 8 are the same, albeit with different fights that are much more enjoyable.

But, if you want to break the monotony, I suggest awakening the first three crystals then breaking the fourth.
---
Name: Daniel
Friend Code: 3754-8146-2904 (Dedenne, Floette, Mawile)
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 7:22:49 PM
Oh my god...............
---
#4crystalchaosPosted 4/21/2014 7:31:54 PM
No you don't have to do all the sidequests again. In fact there's little to be learned from chapter 5-6 sidequests.

The only/biggest thing that you get from those I think was
That Khint is money hungry because he's paying for treatment for the girl you see in the healing tower
Which was revealed in a single sentence that flew by.
#5surferguy7Posted 4/21/2014 7:35:56 PM
This just in, sidequests are now mandatory.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#6Jackos12Posted 4/21/2014 7:39:52 PM(edited)
If you plan to do the sidequests, I suggest you to talk to the Gossipmonger and Edea's mom in Eternia first, then doing Braev and then doing Kamiizumi (I think awakening all the crystals prior to this makes some changes too), that at least makes some nice changes in dialogue.

Ignore Profiteur if you know already what's Cigma Khint's deal (be sure that you don't do Kharner first if you don't though), ignore Kharner, Praliné, Barbarosa, DeRosa, DeRosso and Kikyo if you did them in Chapter 5, there's nothing new in those at all.
#7LostSoldier20Posted 4/21/2014 7:41:59 PM
I love seeing this topic over and over again.

"I have to do the sidequests again!"

Yep, you have to do those sidequests over again. It isn't like they are optional... like a side objective of some kind. If only we weren't forced to do those optional sidequests.

People make such a stink over the second half of the game, but it isn't that horrible. If you really can't stand the "tedium," then skip the sidequests. If you actually look at it, the plot reasons are there, and also Chapters 5 and 6 are the only two similar ones, except for the crystal awakening part being the same for 7 and 8. Even then, some dialog changes between 5 and 6, and 6 has the last job side-quest.

Bad design choice or not, troll topic or not, I expect a bit more conscience thought to be put in.
---
No matter how complex a game is, this video remains true. Especially this part.
http://youtu.be/8FpigqfcvlM?t=7m25s
#821_21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 7:46:12 PM
Jackos12 posted...
If you plan to do the sidequests, I suggest you to talk to the Gossipmonger and Edea's mom in Eternia first, then doing Braev and then doing Kamiizumi (I think awakening all the crystals prior to this makes some changes too), that at least makes some nice changes in dialogue.

Ignore Profiteur if you know already what's Cigma Khint's deal (be sure that you don't do Kharner first if you don't though), ignore Kharner, Praliné, Barbarosa, DeRosa, DeRosso and Kikyo if you did them in Chapter 5, there's nothing new in those at all.

Ah ok. Thanks for the tip. By the way, if I wanted to do the vampire quest again do I have to fight all those dragons again?
---
#9Jackos12Posted 4/21/2014 7:52:21 PM
21_21 posted...
By the way, if I wanted to do the vampire quest again do I have to fight all those dragons again?

Nope, just go to the castle and enter it, not much reason to do it other than to see DeRosso's surprise at the party knowing his whole story before he tells them about it though.
Keep in mind all this changes by Chapter 7-8 where there's a legitimate reason to redo everything other than minor dialogue changes, as the battles difer in more than just stats that time around.
#1021_21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 8:05:58 PM
So where do I get this new job?
---