What 3ds features are shoehorned into this game?

#1PokenubPosted 4/28/2014 2:51:35 AM
It keeps yapping at me to add friends, which I honestly could care less about. What losses do I get for not having any 3ds friends on this game?

And what other features are so kindly forced into this game? I'm only right at the start, although I'm enjoying the old combat style, so I'm happy so far, but with the amount of bugging me about it so far, I'm guessing there's jobs or something I can't get in this game without 3ds friends?
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#2Dork_VaderPosted 4/28/2014 3:43:53 AM
You can "borrow" abilities from friends with higher level jobs by abilinking them to a character, said abilities will show up in reddish orange instead of black on the abilities screen.

You can also summon them to drop a big stupid attack on an enemy under the right conditions.

You will get [friend/pal/whatnot]-bot AI characters to abilink with later on that can be useful if you don't have anyone else to add.

There is a stupid microtransaction thing which basically just saves you leaving the system in sleep mode so you can use a time-pause/damage-cap-break turn but screw paying for it, not like it's ever necessary, I usually forget about it honestly.

Oh, streetpassing will give you more villagers for the rebuild norende thing, you can carry over 20 from the demo though and you can hax those up with an exploit if you want.
---
This is not a signature.
#3Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 3:55:42 AM
Dork_Vader posted...
You can "borrow" abilities from friends with higher level jobs by abilinking them to a character, said abilities will show up in reddish orange instead of black on the abilities screen.

You can also summon them to drop a big stupid attack on an enemy under the right conditions.

You will get [friend/pal/whatnot]-bot AI characters to abilink with later on that can be useful if you don't have anyone else to add.

There is a stupid microtransaction thing which basically just saves you leaving the system in sleep mode so you can use a time-pause/damage-cap-break turn but screw paying for it, not like it's ever necessary, I usually forget about it honestly.

Oh, streetpassing will give you more villagers for the rebuild norende thing, you can carry over 20 from the demo though and you can hax those up with an exploit if you want.

Ugh, Streetpass. I hate that rubbish.. I'll really need to check out that exploit. Everything else seems mildy irritating but not that bad. If I wasn't sure Pokemon X/Y had the same rubbish, I would have gotten that :/. And no way in freaking hell am I paying 60 dollars (Australian) for a game and then paying more ingame. That is horrible..
---
#4AdmantCrowPosted 4/28/2014 4:30:57 AM
I honestly think the microtransactions are the most intelligently handled microtransactions in most games; it's not required, it doesn't push you to use it, it's not that bad.
---
"No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."
#5jammymacsterPosted 4/28/2014 4:31:21 AM
You can also get more villagers from doing a daily Update data. I don't bother with Streetpass at all and I have plenty of villagers.
The microtransaction really is incredibly minor. Not buying it doesn't detract from the game in the slightest.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
Sir_Quackberry - EU Server.
#6WindMouseHanpanPosted 4/28/2014 5:27:24 AM
AdmantCrow posted...
I honestly think the microtransactions are the most intelligently handled microtransactions in most games; it's not required, it doesn't push you to use it, it's not that bad.

I will agree that the way BD handles microtransactions is completely non-invasive and never forced or even asked of the player, but the fact is, it's still "'pay to win" which I think is an extremely stupid "convenience" in modern day games and shouldn't be supported. Win through your own skill, not money.

That said, it's cool that the game still lets you get SP by leaving it in sleep mode.
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#7LostSoldier20Posted 4/28/2014 5:51:23 AM(edited)
Pokenub posted...
Ugh, Streetpass. I hate that rubbish.. I'll really need to check out that exploit. Everything else seems mildy irritating but not that bad. If I wasn't sure Pokemon X/Y had the same rubbish, I would have gotten that :/. And no way in freaking hell am I paying 60 dollars (Australian) for a game and then paying more ingame. That is horrible..

Ok, so you're avoiding certain games because they have completely OPTIONAL features that use streetpass and friend lists? That's completely illogical.

Fyi, Pokemon doesn't have that "same rubbish."
---
No matter how complex a game is, this video remains true. Especially this part.
http://youtu.be/8FpigqfcvlM?t=7m25s
#8Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 6:38:53 AM
Optional? Ok, I'll give you a game, which you can only fully complete if you manage to live in certain cities. Otherwise, you'll still have no way to access all the content you paid money for. Also, there will be no reduced cost for not being able to access all the blatently discriminatory content. What about people with agoraphobia? Nintendo are being stupid with all this rubbish they're shoving into games.
---
#9jammymacsterPosted 4/28/2014 6:44:54 AM
It really is mostly optional. Only thing you'll need are villagers which, as already mentioned, you can get by updating your data each day which you only need the internet for.
I have about three friends with Bravely Default, I've only Street Passed twice and yet I have nearly 100 villagers. I completed Norende by the time I had 40 and that was quite early in the game.

You really aren't missing out if you choose not to street pass or don't have any friends with BD.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
Sir_Quackberry - EU Server.
#10Yamata_DemonPosted 4/28/2014 6:47:04 AM
Sounds like you need to get out the house and start making some friends.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jgYSN8l.gif