What 3ds features are shoehorned into this game?

#11LostSoldier20Posted 4/28/2014 6:13:38 AM(edited)
Pokenub posted...
Optional? Ok, I'll give you a game, which you can only fully complete if you manage to live in certain cities. Otherwise, you'll still have no way to access all the content you paid money for. Also, there will be no reduced cost for not being able to access all the blatently discriminatory content. What about people with agoraphobia? Nintendo are being stupid with all this rubbish they're shoving into games.

Name one game you cannot fully complete without Streetpass. BD is not one of them. Pokemon is not. Link Between Worlds is not. Kid Icarus is not, unless you count completion as getting and doing literally everything including the Challenge Portraits, which in itself is optional. If your definition follows absolute and total completion, then fine, you have a point. But even then, it is hardly something to throw such a hissy fit over.

One, if you really think that OPTIONAL CONTENT that wouldn't even exist if the streetpass feature didn't exist is being discriminatory, then you have a lot of growing up to do. Two, Nintendo doesn't force every dev to have super-amazing and important streetpass feature. In fact, you aren't required at all. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team has no Streetpass function at all. So that shows how uninformed and ignorant your posts are.
---
No matter how complex a game is, this video remains true. Especially this part.
http://youtu.be/8FpigqfcvlM?t=7m25s
#120-172Posted 4/28/2014 6:46:53 AM
Pokenub posted...
Optional? Ok, I'll give you a game, which you can only fully complete if you manage to live in certain cities. Otherwise, you'll still have no way to access all the content you paid money for. Also, there will be no reduced cost for not being able to access all the blatently discriminatory content. What about people with agoraphobia? Nintendo are being stupid with all this rubbish they're shoving into games.

It's discriminatory just because you don't like to go outside? It's a one of the big features of the system, of course it's going to to used.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#13UsokiPosted 4/28/2014 6:52:23 AM
Good grief. Why is so much hatred being directed toward TC? As a 100% completionist myself, I understand his point completely. Streetpass is not realistic for anyone who lives in rural areas. Heck, even in suburbia, the likelihood of being able to streetpass with people is pretty low. You can hang around major streets all day and get maybe one or two people.

Just because it's optional, that doesn't make it any less crap. I did not buy Link Between Worlds for the multiplayer, but thanks to the Kakariko Streetpass, there's an entire element of gameplay, with awards and tree upgrades, that I will never complete. I know it's totally optional and trivial, but it's still a part of the game, that I paid for, that I will never be able to play. It's a dumb reason to never be able to battle shadow link AI, and I resent it.

I admit, recent games on memory have been nicer about making the social-lock aspects optional, but it hasn't always been that way. I have a file on FF3 for the DS that I can never delete, or I will permanently be unable to ever get the Onion Knight class. Finding someone on the Gamefaqs board to help back then was hard enough- it'd be nearly impossible now. And don't even try to argue that the best class in the game is somehow optional. It's a crap mechanic, and I hate it.

So, TC, rest assured that BD does not require friend codes. Daily Internet access yes, but friend codes, no. Friends give you access to job abilities you haven't learned yet, near-constant summoning of "limit break" moves, and there's a minor cinematic part of the game where (Someone) would be a friend's name, if you had one. Internet access is needed for the "Update data" command, which is anonymous. Without that, your ability to get villagers is seriously crimped, preventing you from getting outfits and the best mid-late gear. It also prevents you from getting access to the four powerful Blue Mage magics. So, although you don't need friends or Streetpassing, you do need daily Internet access. The game does have a Sleep Mode mechanic. It is recommended that you use it for SP gain and for village gain. It is separate from Streetpass.
#14Yamata_DemonPosted 4/28/2014 7:34:52 AM
Because the TC is deliberately making things difficult for himself. It isn't hard to post on a gaming message board and add friends. It isn't hard to drive to the nearest McDonald's or Starbucks to get a streetpass.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jgYSN8l.gif
#15TaticalWarriorPosted 4/28/2014 8:08:29 AM
You don't need to add friends. You can just update in the save menu, and the game will invite strangers and give you all the bonuses.

Seriously. Now, every game that will have a Add Friend option for those who would like to inteage with their friends will be labeled as shoehorned and need to burn?
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
#16LostSoldier20Posted 4/28/2014 10:23:22 AM
Usoki posted...
Just because it's optional, that doesn't make it any less crap. I did not buy Link Between Worlds for the multiplayer, but thanks to the Kakariko Streetpass, there's an entire element of gameplay, with awards and tree upgrades, that I will never complete. I know it's totally optional and trivial, but it's still a part of the game, that I paid for, that I will never be able to play. It's a dumb reason to never be able to battle shadow link AI, and I resent it.

I admit, recent games on memory have been nicer about making the social-lock aspects optional, but it hasn't always been that way. I have a file on FF3 for the DS that I can never delete, or I will permanently be unable to ever get the Onion Knight class. Finding someone on the Gamefaqs board to help back then was hard enough- it'd be nearly impossible now. And don't even try to argue that the best class in the game is somehow optional. It's a crap mechanic, and I hate it.

First off, entitled gamers are so entitled. As I said, what are the chances of this extra content even being there if there wasn't a streetpass function? In many cases, not likely. I get the completionist attitude, but there is a logical extreme to it. And by your logic, if you can't play multiplayer because you have no internet, it is the dev's fault for including multiplayer? Makes so much sense.

Second off, there are Bot Shadow Links.

Third off, that's a generation ago, and completely different from Streepass mechanics. That's completely locking out an entire class.

Fourth off, the "hatred" is that TC claims this is "shoehorned" and "forced." Not only that, but they are even avoiding entire games because of streetpass. How logical is it to avoid a Pokemon game because of this kind of stuff.
---
No matter how complex a game is, this video remains true. Especially this part.
http://youtu.be/8FpigqfcvlM?t=7m25s
#17Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 2:51:55 PM
Yamata_Demon posted...
Because the TC is deliberately making things difficult for himself. It isn't hard to post on a gaming message board and add friends. It isn't hard to drive to the nearest McDonald's or Starbucks to get a streetpass.

Bahaha. I went to the capital city of where I live, I got 3 Streetpass hits. We all don't live in 'MURRRICCAA.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#18Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 2:57:20 PM
LostSoldier20 posted...
Usoki posted...

First off, entitled gamers are so entitled. As I said, what are the chances of this extra content even being there if there wasn't a streetpass function? In many cases, not likely. I get the completionist attitude, but there is a logical extreme to it. And by your logic, if you can't play multiplayer because you have no internet, it is the dev's fault for including multiplayer? Makes so much sense.

Second off, there are Bot Shadow Links.

Third off, that's a generation ago, and completely different from Streepass mechanics. That's completely locking out an entire class.

Fourth off, the "hatred" is that TC claims this is "shoehorned" and "forced." Not only that, but they are even avoiding entire games because of streetpass. How logical is it to avoid a Pokemon game because of this kind of stuff.

Because I think it was Black 2 which I couldn't access everything in without streetpass. Why? Not everyone lives near a big city and even then, not every country in the world has access to a massive group of people who play the 3DS.

I personally live in a rural area, my capital city is over 200 miles from where I live. Anywhere else, there's nobody playing, so I see it totally unfair to anyone who doesn't live in a highly populated area. If I could unlock the content just as easily by doing something in the game I paid for, then that'd be ok, however all I can do is once a day update my data and thats it.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#19Jackos12Posted 4/28/2014 2:57:53 PM
Dude unless you have no internet access (I doubt it since you're here) you can just update data and get free Norende Villagers each day, that's literally all you freaking need (I got like 98 villagers only by doing this).
---
3DS FC: 1607-2455-6525
#20Dork_VaderPosted 4/28/2014 3:16:23 PM
America is very big and for the most part empty, I know, I've been to all but about 8 states in the lower 48, coast to coast, a more accurate statement would be: we don't all live in Japan where getting 100 streetpasses a day is not particularly impressive.
---
This is not a signature.