Just got this game, need help?

#1DarkishFriendPosted 5/2/2014 4:35:13 PM
I got two things that happened early and that confused me. First, how exactly does the friend and guest system work for rebuilding the village, and is it necessary?

2nd, I went to the ruins part and was promptly killed by the first random encounter. Are enemies just exceptionally hard? I'm playing on Normal and I didn't feel like I did anything that wrong or stupid like -3 into BP for Brave stance.
---
TF2, a game about spending RL money to open an ingame item, to receive an ingame item, to trade for an ingame item. Oh, and there is some shooter minigame.
#2Hayato213Posted 5/2/2014 4:58:52 PM
You dont get villagers for rebuilding Norende through adding people to your friends list, only way to get it is through street pass and random invite, meaning guests on your friends list. More villagers you have the faster you can finish Norende and unlock some of the best equipment in the game. This game it is more strategies over level, you can still be kill at a higher level if you dont got a working strategies that work against an opponent, if you are getting own by the monster in the ruins level up your character level and job level by a few, and have a white mage in your team as a healer does help.
---
FC 2079 7193 4010 IGN Jay Pokemon X, Bravely Default.
#3DarkishFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 6:03:54 PM(edited)
Yeah I got the white mage in the group but the enemy was annihilating my guys, cure couldn't keep up.

And also, is this friend thing necessary? I'd like to not be burdened with Streetpass and using friends lists.
---
TF2, a game about spending RL money to open an ingame item, to receive an ingame item, to trade for an ingame item. Oh, and there is some shooter minigame.
#4LostSoldier20Posted 5/2/2014 7:25:23 PM
Friends and streetpass are not needed at any point. The most either of them do is make your journey a little easier.
---
No matter how complex a game is, this video remains true. Especially this part.
http://youtu.be/8FpigqfcvlM?t=7m25s
#5DarkishFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 8:45:15 PM
Thanks
---
#6Hayato213Posted 5/2/2014 8:46:56 PM
LostSoldier20 posted...
Friends and streetpass are not needed at any point. The most either of them do is make your journey a little easier.

Actually it is important, streetpass and net invite gets him villagers for Norende, and adding people to his friends list give him summon. Just that he doesnt get villagers for adding.
---
FC 2079 7193 4010 IGN Jay Pokemon X, Bravely Default.