So, is beaverly default the best RPG on 3DS?

#1Silent0nePosted 7/19/2014 4:56:39 PM(edited)
Ive looked into others on the system, but nothing really interesting. maybe the Mario RPG but... its probably short. and i dont really care for those odyssey RPGs..
---
Silence is a tool of the Mind
#2evillockePosted 7/19/2014 5:15:33 PM
Nope, it's not.

It COULD have been, had it not for been...you know, CHAPTER 5+!

Dream Team is actually fairly long, though it slogs at times. And honestly, you can't go wrong with an SMT/EO game, which I feel are better than this.
---
JP 3DS FC:2809-9141-2284 MH4: HR200+ (Not currently playing)
MHFG: HR402
#3z0mgthiefbeefPosted 7/19/2014 5:17:58 PM
That honour belongs to SMT IV
---
Currently Playing-Always months behind on this thing
WW>SS>aLttP>aLBW>OoT>ST>LoZ>TP>PH>Zelda II>MM
#4Knux19Posted 7/19/2014 6:21:57 PM
If I wanted to play an RPG for the sake of playing an RPG, I'd probably reach for Mario and Luigi: Dream Team instead. Wouldn't eat nearly as much time and it's played for laughs all the way. Bravely Default does a lot of things right, but when a story disappoints me (which is the entire backbone of the game stringing battles together) it's hard to keep going on.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#5temptempoPosted 7/19/2014 11:32:02 PM
Dream Team is a great RPG, but also manages to be one of the only ones where I found myself wishing that the areas weren't so big. Each area drags on and on, but then the game hooks you again when you finally reach something new. Still haven't finished because I keep taking extended breaks from it.
#6OdramaRidenPosted 7/20/2014 12:30:37 AM
Bravely Default is the best RPG in decades. The fact that it can be such with it's horrendous story telling and lolcrashes shows the exponential decline in the quality of RPG's. Unlike SMTIV, Bravely Default's soundtrack IS NOT composed by a bunch of no name talent.

Seriously, is it so hard to throw money @ Shoji Meguro?! They do for all the other GOOD games. He's even doing music in PQ. I guess he didn't want to clutter his portfolio with trash titles?
---
"NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE"
-Ducky, The Land Before Time
#70xd3adfacePosted 7/20/2014 12:31:51 AM
z0mgthiefbeef posted...
#8StonerJackPosted 7/20/2014 5:28:21 AM
0xd3adface posted...
z0mgthiefbeef posted...

You guys are tripping balls.
Seriously, what the hell is up with people who think Persona, SMT, and Monster Hunter are the only games worthy of note? Weeaboos or just delusional?
---
PSN: Mister_Raccoon
This post contains my own opinions and/or experiences. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY. Come get eaten alive at Tekken Tag 2!
#9JagayamaPosted 7/20/2014 5:58:49 AM
Lol, Beaverly Default.

I really like Monster Hunter 3U, but I'm currently hooked with this.
---
Good morning! My name is Jagayama and I spin for a living.
#10Knux19Posted 7/20/2014 8:06:05 AM
Jagayama posted...
Lol, Beaverly Default.

I really like Monster Hunter 3U, but I'm currently hooked with this.

You know, I wanted to like that, but it had a really bad demo that didn't really tell me how anything worked (compared to Bravely Default, which had a really good demo with a very intuitive interface). Does the full version do a better job of getting the player ready to fight?
---
Pants are not a "group activity"