Bravely Second article from Weekly Jump

#198sr075Posted 7/23/2014 6:10:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yPYteTJ.jpg
#2leadinteaPosted 7/23/2014 6:14:31 AM
Little more info here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/23/bravely-second-shows-magnolia-different-job-forms-look-agnes/
---
http://enneagames.livejournal.com/559.html
3DS FC: 4227-2780-9021 - FS: Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
#3tremain07Posted 7/23/2014 7:29:21 AM
Dammit Anges! Did you let yourself get captured for peace? ! Where's Edea? Surely she wouldn't have let this happen as easily.
---
I got nothing
#4montyaiPosted 7/23/2014 1:21:10 PM
that valkyria outfit looks stupid for some reason.
#5Shadow_Master_TPosted 7/23/2014 2:37:34 PM
Time Mage seems to have a redesign... I wonder if this means a different Asterisk holder?
---
3DS FC: 0619-4217-8701
#6dirkacPosted 7/23/2014 3:01:23 PM
Shadow_Master_T posted...
Time Mage seems to have a redesign... I wonder if this means a different Asterisk holder?

... Considering every Asterisk Holder except for Derosso, Braev, and Praline (with Alternis and Yuylana debatable/unknown) is pretty much dead I'd say we get new Asterisk Holders.

Or we just get them with plot ala FFV.
---
Le Surskit God~
#7Shadow_Master_TPosted 7/23/2014 3:47:23 PM
dirkac posted...

... Considering every Asterisk Holder except for Derosso, Braev, and Praline (with Alternis and Yuylana debatable/unknown) is pretty much dead I'd say we get new Asterisk Holders.

The game's lighthearted atmosphere never gave me the vibe that the enemies actually die unless seen otherwise (Like Kamiizumi killing Qada), so I always kind of assumed they're just "incapacitated". Like that unwritten rule that if you don't see a body, it's not actually dead, so that the more popular Asterisk holders can easily return in the sequel. Plus, Red Mage and Valkyrie look about the same as the ones from BD, so of those 4 it's only really Time Mage and Performer that stand out, especially the former.

Plus, didn't Derosso sacrifice himself so your party can defeat Ouroboros?
---
#8dirkacPosted 7/23/2014 4:25:59 PM
dirkac posted...

The game's lighthearted atmosphere never gave me the vibe that the enemies actually die unless seen otherwise (Like Kamiizumi killing Qada), so I always kind of assumed they're just "incapacitated". Like that unwritten rule that if you don't see a body, it's not actually dead, so that the more popular Asterisk holders can easily return in the sequel. Plus, Red Mage and Valkyrie look about the same as the ones from BD, so of those 4 it's only really Time Mage and Performer that stand out, especially the former.

Plus, didn't Derosso sacrifice himself so your party can defeat Ouroboros?

Eh, I guess, but I have to say that that would be very, very odd.
Even moreso if they are merely incapacitated, in which Braev, who was shown, is now pret much bedridden and destroyed physically for life.

I took that as being World 0's/Chapter 8's Derosso, though, as the other Derosso still exist in the Friends' Worlds in the cutscene, and considering that your own World in, obviously, another dimension almost identical to hem, I thoguht only one Derosso had to be sacrificed to save all, similar to what your party did.
---
Le Surskit God~
#9Shadow_Master_TPosted 7/23/2014 5:07:49 PM
dirkac posted...
Even moreso if they are merely incapacitated, in which Braev, who was shown, is now pret much bedridden and destroyed physically for life.

I took that as being World 0's/Chapter 8's Derosso, though, as the other Derosso still exist in the Friends' Worlds in the cutscene, and considering that your own World in, obviously, another dimension almost identical to hem, I thoguht only one Derosso had to be sacrificed to save all, similar to what your party did.

Indeed, it would be odd. But we've seen Kamiizumi killing Qada after him dying in Edea's arms, so for all we know they could all just fall under what Braev went through, unless stated otherwise. Like how in one of the other worlds we see Barras and Holly get up after your party leaves, there isn't technically anything preventing something similar (Well, technically they survive because Holly can heal them, and you take away her Asterisk in the first world, so it can go both ways).

As for the second part... yes, it's entirely possible that you're right, I didn't think about it that way. It would only really be affecting all of them if Ouroboros is the source of Derosso's immortality, as implied by Derosso using the same quote as when he was granted his own immortality, but nothing is certain of this and we don't know how if at all this would change anything with any Derosso from another world.
---
#10dirkacPosted 7/23/2014 6:00:30 PM
dirkac posted...

Indeed, it would be odd. But we've seen Kamiizumi killing Qada after him dying in Edea's arms, so for all we know they could all just fall under what Braev went through, unless stated otherwise. Like how in one of the other worlds we see Barras and Holly get up after your party leaves, there isn't technically anything preventing something similar (Well, technically they survive because Holly can heal them, and you take away her Asterisk in the first world, so it can go both ways).

As for the second part... yes, it's entirely possible that you're right, I didn't think about it that way. It would only really be affecting all of them if Ouroboros is the source of Derosso's immortality, as implied by Derosso using the same quote as when he was granted his own immortality, but nothing is certain of this and we don't know how if at all this would change anything with any Derosso from another world.

Hm, when you put it like that, ti does seem possible if they managed to get Reraise up, but theonly characetrs I can conceivably see that happen with are Khamer and his tronies, since Victoria was pretty much stated to die if she left the healing chamber, and Victor, well, yeah.

I actually thought it was Derosso himself who granted him immortality, but yeah, sine it's unknon how he magically got tht ability out of nowhere, it is possible that it came from Ouroboros, and, seeing rhat Ouroboros died, it would cause the extinction of all Derosso. But then that would cause the paradox of none of Derosso's events having been taken in the first place :s
---
Le Surskit God~