Recommendations on where to do the big pharma trick?

#1yoyoyo333Posted 7/27/2014 2:11:41 PM
I'm at the florem gardens atm, should I do it here?
---
PSN= MajorOcelot
#2fawooboogadsPosted 7/27/2014 2:21:27 PM
No, you should do big pharma on something that doesn't do much damage to you + has lots of hp, and preferably doesn't inflict status ailments. I don't think anything in florem gardens qualifies for that. I don't remember what they're called (I think rock worms?) near the volcano place are supposed to be pretty good (idk why I don't remember what anything is called anymore in this game, it's been a while but not that long :(). Tbh it's much slower grinding up money this way than stealing elixirs but you can just leave your ds on overnight or something this way I suppose.
#3yoyoyo333(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 2:22:10 PM
when do i hit the volcano area?
---
PSN= MajorOcelot
#4Erenith11214Posted 7/27/2014 3:00:16 PM
The volcano is in the next chapter after Florem
---
FC: 3497-0265-1703
#5blowtreesPosted 7/27/2014 5:27:08 PM
I did this in the Fortress north of the Fire Crystal area, while on my way to get Swordmaster. The save guy just downstairs from the boss room made it quick and easy to setup, buy any items or gear I needed, and then hop right into the boss battle.

I think it was either the wolves or the sword/axe guys, but not the pikemen beacuse they counter physical attacks. And certainly not against the Dragons, who'll burn up your critical guys.

You can do it much much much sooner, but try and pick low damage/higher hp mobs. If you're doing too much damage, exploit their resistances so you do half or 1/3 less damage than normal, while your heals remain the same.
---
3DS FC: 4356-1134-0796 // BD Chpt4 & Big Pharma
Pokerus & FS: Rock ~ Barbaracle, Onix, Dweeble IGN: Enos