Kamiizumi. I hate any boss that counter attacks

#1WizardofHothPosted 7/31/2014 6:51:42 AM
In any role playing game I hate any boss that has that counter attack. Now I have o deal with it in Bravely Default.

There any goid attacks or whatever to use on Kamiizumi?
#2bassyuraPosted 7/31/2014 7:04:45 AM
Compounding
Sword Magic Drain
The Power Button
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#3I_eat_tablesPosted 7/31/2014 8:09:16 AM
Don't attack with everyone on the same turns. Kamiizumi is, in my opinion, one of the easiest Asterisk bearers in general.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#4WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 8:30:05 AM
Easy for you to say.
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 7/31/2014 3:46:38 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
Easy for you to say.

Thank you. Yes, it is. It's also true. Since he's primarily counter based, he's easy to deal with by simply taking it slow, do some damage, then heal up any wounds or KOs and repeat. Also default a lot so the turns you do attack, you can attack x4. if he uses a counter move when you default, yay, free BP! If he attacks, yay, reduced damage! When it comes to braving, if he's gonna counter, you're going down in 1-2 counters anyway (and save that extra BP after you use a Phoenix Down). And if he doesn't counter, you've landed all the attacks.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6AearonPosted 8/1/2014 3:55:37 AM
Yeah, Kamiizumi was one of the easiest, in my opinion. I'm not sure why someone would have any issues with him unless they're not familiar with the game mechanics.
---
3DS FC: 3024-5498-3510
#7ShikiHimePosted 8/1/2014 6:10:01 AM(edited)
compounding = Lower Kamiizumi's def + Protect + Sword Magic drain + Mp Free In a Pinch (Amped Strike x3, You drain the HP back, Kmaiizumi counters x3) = Dead Kamiizumi.... >_>

If thats confusing....
basically, Equip the Ability MP free in a Pinch
Then in battle You Compound a P.Def drop on kamiizumi then cast Protect on your unit who is going to hit Kamiizumi.
Then brave x3 activate sword magic drain, then Amped Strike 3x

When you Amped Strike he will counter you down to low HP (unless he crits i guess, but that did not happen to me)
So Use Amped Strike to hit him, then he will counter you down to low HP, triggering MP Free In A Pinch
then you will have free MP to Amped Strike again and regen the Damage do and he will counter giving you free MP again
then you will Amped strike again... and... you see where this is going, Right?.... lol
#8WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 9:33:35 AM
no not really i dont
#9ShogunuuPosted 8/1/2014 10:59:39 AM
If you still don't know the basics of strategy, have three people constantly build up BP to 3, brave four times, attack with their strongest attacks, and if they die, use the fourth character as a dedicated healer to revive and heal them all up. This battle couldn't be any more simple.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5455-9388-5344 - Friend Safari Psychic: Munna, Espurr, Xatu
#10Misha-HeartPosted 8/1/2014 2:06:23 PM
Just make one character a Knight and put everyone in critical HP. Wait for him to Brave at you and then you can strike him freely.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.