**Spoilers** Chapter 8 sub boss help.

#1Torrterra888Posted 8/1/2014 7:33:41 PM
So, I'm all the way through Chapter 8 and get hit with that boss rush in Central Command. I've made it up to floor 49 with Qada, Mephilia, Yulyana, and Crowe's fight, but, I'm stuck on it. Any help? I can't seem to keep up with Agnes as a Spiritmaster getting rid of Qada's ability that makes the party weak to fire. Then everyone just starts falling like flies. Do I just need to have several people as a Spiritmaster in order to keep up with how much he uses that move?

Thanks!
#2kriverrPosted 8/1/2014 8:15:45 PM
If you don't mind cheesing it:

Have 3 Dark Knights and 1 Spiritmaster. Make sure the SM goes before everyone else. Have everyone brave all the way, and have the SM cast adaptation on everybody, then have the DK's each use Dark Nebula x4. This should do about 120,000 damage.

For support abilities, give all the DKs' Physical Attack 30% Up, Gloom, and Two-Handed. The SM's support abilities don't matter.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0920-0790-4765
#3Torrterra888(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 8:33:42 PM(edited)
Haha, I don't really mind cheesing it at this point, I've fought all of these bosses so many times that I'm mainly just doing the sub quests every chapter for the story tid-bits they provide. I've mostly just been spamming Dark Knight and a Swordsmaster with Amped Strike for the last two chapters anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try it out after I max out Edea's Dark Knight. Is this assuming everyone is max level? I'm level 97 on everyone.
#4Torrterra888(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 8:40:26 PM
Never mind, I just used this strategy. Worked like a charm, thanks again. Would you happen to know if by this point in the game there's anything worth stealing from the sub bosses? If not, I may just use this for the rest of this boss rush.
#5alt_realityPosted 8/1/2014 9:08:19 PM
What's the point in finishing it though if you're just going to use someone else's strategy that has little to no chance at failing?
---
"Do you... want my carrots?" Jowy Atreides, Suikoden II
#6Torrterra888(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 9:23:45 PM
The tiny bits of exchanges you get is nice to see. I couldn't find anyone on youtube doing a walkthrough for chapter 8's sub bosses so that's not an option.

And, frankly, I've been putting it down and picking it up since it's come out. I absolutely love the world, story, art style, and characters, but geeze it's hard to get through if you're doing all the sub bosses over and over every chapter. (At least, for me)

I'll probably end up at least trying on the rest of the sub bosses a few times. I wanted to finish this game today but getting stuck on Qada's group got frustrating.
#7kriverrPosted 8/1/2014 9:49:33 PM
Torrterra888 posted...
Never mind, I just used this strategy. Worked like a charm, thanks again. Would you happen to know if by this point in the game there's anything worth stealing from the sub bosses? If not, I may just use this for the rest of this boss rush.

They do give great items, but honestly I never made use of them. It's mostly stuff you've gotten before from blue chests and such. Only reason you should steal from all the bosses is if you want multiple endgame items. If you're fine with your equipment now, you won't need to go through the hassle of using up someone's sub-job solely for stealing boss items.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0920-0790-4765
#8Torrterra888(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 9:59:30 PM
That's mostly been Tiz's job for the last couple of chapters, just stealing everything I can haha. On Chapter 8 I noticed I mostly only get Turbo Ethers and Elixers, so I'm pretty stocked up on those. But I'll probably swap his job out for something more useful for the rest of the sub quest fights.
#9HugDaddyPosted 8/1/2014 10:14:17 PM
Do you have Iceflame Shields? I just blew by them without worry with those equipped...
---
---------------------
My Colecovision is probably older than you...
#10Torrterra888(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 10:20:58 PM
Really? I could've sworn when I was doing the Vampire sub quest and the dragons used their elemental weakening skill even the Iceflame Shields wouldn't work so long as you were weak to a certain element. I figured Qada's ability worked the same way, so I never bothered trying.

It's been a while so of course I could not be remembering correctly.