This game was a huge disappointment and has no replay value

#11snoochtonoochPosted 8/4/2014 6:44:56 AM
AgostaNeverDies posted...
ShikiHime posted...
well... thats your opinion, i personally did not mind it BUT!...
If its THAT bad... you know that, at any point after chapter 5 (i think?)
you CAN just skip to the final chapter >_>.....

I know that. I completed both endings. I went through until the final chapter to see if anything changed, and 3 of the final 4 chapters were the same exact thing.

no replay value........sounds like you replayed it plenty since you played through both endings
---
http://www.last.fm/user/snoochtonooch
official protector of Cuddles the kitten of the rock board
#12SuperXThousandPosted 8/4/2014 6:58:29 AM
snoochtonooch posted...
no replay value........sounds like you replayed it plenty since you played through both endings

sounds like you don't know what you're talking about since each path is completely different, and not at all like replaying the entire game.
#13AgostaNeverDies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 11:44:31 AM
snoochtonooch posted...
AgostaNeverDies posted...
ShikiHime posted...
well... thats your opinion, i personally did not mind it BUT!...
If its THAT bad... you know that, at any point after chapter 5 (i think?)
you CAN just skip to the final chapter >_>.....

I know that. I completed both endings. I went through until the final chapter to see if anything changed, and 3 of the final 4 chapters were the same exact thing.

I'm never going to replay this game again from chapter 1 through true ending. After knowing that half of the game is repeating the same nonsense over and over I have no motivation to replay it.
---
www.mkboards.com
#14anondumPosted 8/4/2014 10:31:59 PM
the second half of the game was better than the first

and if you think this game has no replay then the game you are looking for is not bravely default, because I played through it 3 times with different job combinations each time.
#15NextGenCowboyPosted 8/5/2014 8:17:50 AM
Contrary to what most people posted here, there's nothing wrong with thinking the game lacks replay value due to a poor design decision (among other reasons). Some people can enjoy gameplay more than story, and there's nothing wrong with that, but to say one is objectively better, carries more weight, or automatically supercedes the other at all times is just plain, personal opinion.

The second half of the game can be done relatively quickly, it's not a whole half of the game really. Is it a poor design choice? Well, many people seem to think that it is, including myself.

Does BD lack replay value? Arguably, depending on how much grinding and messing with jobs you do, and if you played on Hard, and filled out the bestiary the first time through. It essentially comes down to playing for different setups, a handful of skits, and Nemesis'. Some people enjoy that, some don't.
---
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory" ~ Bruce Lee
#16SuperXThousandPosted 8/5/2014 8:43:52 AM
NextGenCowboy posted...
The second half of the game can be done relatively quickly, it's not a whole half of the game really. Is it a poor design choice? Well, many people seem to think that it is, including myself.

Only by skipping both gameplay *and* story.