Does the 20 villagers demo trick work with New Game+ as well?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Does the 20 villagers demo trick work with New Game+ as well?

User Info: Ultimarok

Ultimarok
2 years ago#1
I haven't started the full game yet and when I do, it will be my first time playing the game. But for future reference, I just wanted confirmation on if it works with New Game+ too or only regular New Game.

Thank you.
"The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems." -Bruce Lee

User Info: blowtrees

blowtrees
2 years ago#2
My understanding is that one of the options with NewGame+ lets you completely restart Norende while still keeping your villagers from the previous game.

So as a matter of perspective, if you used the demo trick to get 20 villagers, and then upgraded and played through the whole game, your NewGame+ will still have those 20 tricked villagers if you choose to import them, as well as any you gained from daily updates/streetpass.

I would think you cannot use the demo trick on a NewGame+ without importing or to get an additional 20 villagers (making a total of 40 'tricked'), since you no longer have the demo version of the game by then.
3DS FC: 4356-1134-0796 // BD Chpt4 & Big Pharma
Pokerus & FS: Rock ~ Barbaracle, Onix, Dweeble IGN: Enos

Ultimarok
2 years ago#3
Ah, I see. It's good to know that they carry over.

But the other reason I am asking is because of the "bun" drop rate. I hear these items can raise your stats permanently and they say after killing a nemesis that drops one, the drop rates will decrease over time and you will have to "reset it" by resetting your village completely via New Game+.

That's why I was asking about this, so that I could get 20 villagers again after I do the "reset" for the village to get more buns in the future.
"The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems." -Bruce Lee

User Info: Epic_McDude

Epic_McDude
2 years ago#4
^Can we get any confirmation on the above? Seems like hearsay otherwise.
"They'll be fighting the army of Epic McDudes. Only the Smash Bros stand a chance against them." -Demon_Acker

Ultimarok
2 years ago#5
I'm just going to try it and see when I do the village complete resetting thing for the buns.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Does the 20 villagers demo trick work with New Game+ as well?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived