Does the 20 villagers demo trick work with New Game+ as well?

#1UltimarokPosted 8/5/2014 11:32:07 PM
I haven't started the full game yet and when I do, it will be my first time playing the game. But for future reference, I just wanted confirmation on if it works with New Game+ too or only regular New Game.

Thank you.
---
"The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems." -Bruce Lee
#2blowtreesPosted 8/6/2014 7:41:49 AM
My understanding is that one of the options with NewGame+ lets you completely restart Norende while still keeping your villagers from the previous game.

So as a matter of perspective, if you used the demo trick to get 20 villagers, and then upgraded and played through the whole game, your NewGame+ will still have those 20 tricked villagers if you choose to import them, as well as any you gained from daily updates/streetpass.

I would think you cannot use the demo trick on a NewGame+ without importing or to get an additional 20 villagers (making a total of 40 'tricked'), since you no longer have the demo version of the game by then.
---
3DS FC: 4356-1134-0796 // BD Chpt4 & Big Pharma
Pokerus & FS: Rock ~ Barbaracle, Onix, Dweeble IGN: Enos
#3Ultimarok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 10:26:49 AM
Ah, I see. It's good to know that they carry over.

But the other reason I am asking is because of the "bun" drop rate. I hear these items can raise your stats permanently and they say after killing a nemesis that drops one, the drop rates will decrease over time and you will have to "reset it" by resetting your village completely via New Game+.

That's why I was asking about this, so that I could get 20 villagers again after I do the "reset" for the village to get more buns in the future.
---
"The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems." -Bruce Lee
#4Epic_McDudePosted 8/6/2014 4:39:55 PM
^Can we get any confirmation on the above? Seems like hearsay otherwise.
---
"They'll be fighting the army of Epic McDudes. Only the Smash Bros stand a chance against them." -Demon_Acker
#5Ultimarok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 9:19:59 PM
I'm just going to try it and see when I do the village complete resetting thing for the buns.
---