How to defeat the Dragons?

#1RougefanPosted 8/6/2014 6:19:33 PM
Everyone's at level 58. This is what I was using up til now

Edea - Swordmaster/Red Mage (she's the only one that currently has Turn Tables)
Agnes - Ninja/Performer
Tiz - Thief/Salve Maker
Ringabel - Templar/Pirate

I tried the ninja method (having transience and comeback kid) but then I get confused and keep dying. Do I use utsutsemi and then set it to auto? Do I default at all? What should I do?
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.......
#2anondumPosted 8/6/2014 6:22:28 PM
since you are using a templar you can use rampart to block their breath weapons
#3Rougefan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 6:27:00 PM
anondum posted...
since you are using a templar you can use rampart to block their breath weapons

So I select utsusemi, then attack, and (for the templar) use rampart and then set to auto?
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.......
#4TrainerAuraPosted 8/6/2014 6:47:37 PM
I suggest to stay away from using Auto when fighting bosses...

As for fighting the dragons... Each one has a different type of breath that causes certain problems. Just so long as you have a white/red mage to heal and you have them negate the negative effect, you'll do fine.
By the time you fight the dragons, you should have an item to equip your red/white mage with that item. A white mage could work better as you can use Esunaga if your other characters are in a bind.

Also, make sure to store up on Bravery... Too low on brave points can be problematic.
---
Mega Zygarde = Midgard Serpent eating its Tail
Hello, I am Aura of the Opal.
#5JinMosPosted 8/6/2014 7:02:20 PM
Spiritmaster.
---
3DS Name : J
Code : 0834-2967-6346
#6cadorPosted 8/6/2014 8:06:03 PM(edited)
My setup is Pirate with Hunter(Dragon slayer), Whitemage/Spiritmaster with Greater fairy ward(To counter those eye magicks) and another with spiritism for Stillness(Use in a bind) and the last for a swordsman(Anything really, just another attacker) all equipped with anti whatever status effect they inflict. Be warned that this setup is slow and isn't effective against the dark dragon.

edit: Ineffective cause I don't have enough courage rings. Can't seem to find a shop from which to buy.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#7_Castiel_Posted 8/6/2014 9:33:12 PM
Use all ninjas with the support skills you listed.

Dont set to auto.

Utsusemi for everyone and then default. Utsusemi again on any of the characters that received damage from the dragon, so they can keep countering. Repeat.
#8neo_ormaPosted 8/6/2014 10:13:32 PM(edited)
Been a long time since I played, but I'll let you know my tactic.

Get a maxed out Knight and use Super Charge (Deals damage based on Phys Def) and just pump up that armor. The dragons should be doing 1 damage on you. Dual wield shields.

This tactic works with any boss that doesn't use magic, and the best part is if you get charmed, you will hit each other for 1 damage.