is this game like golden sun?

#1StevoElSupremo1Posted 8/19/2014 9:28:13 AM
Or like FF tactics? I've never been a huge fan of the traditional FF games but I loved golden sun (one of my fav. games) and FF tactics, after watching some gameplay on youtube it looked fun.

I'm looking for a new 3ds game, I was going to get Monster hunter but after hearing theirs STILL no online play without a wii that games out of the question.

so if I enjoy games like Golden sun and FF tactics (that battle style) will I like this?

**oh and games I already owned, beat and loved on my 3dsXL are PokemonY and fire emblem.
#2Zephiroth X52Posted 8/19/2014 9:44:29 AM
StevoElSupremo1 posted...
Or like FF tactics? I've never been a huge fan of the traditional FF games but I loved golden sun (one of my fav. games) and FF tactics, after watching some gameplay on youtube it looked fun.

I'm looking for a new 3ds game, I was going to get Monster hunter but after hearing theirs STILL no online play without a wii that games out of the question.

so if I enjoy games like Golden sun and FF tactics (that battle style) will I like this?

**oh and games I already owned, beat and loved on my 3dsXL are PokemonY and fire emblem.

Have you ever played FF5? Because I feel that the most direct comparison for Bravely Default is that game. If you have not then consider the job system from FFT. Bravely Default uses a similar system.

Having said that, the Bravely Default system actually adds a lot of depth to the combat in a manner that has no direct comparison that I know of.

---
Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!
I do Let's Plays: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kaosubaloo
#3StevoElSupremo1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 9:49:33 AM
Thats one of my favorite parts from Tactics was the job system! loved my illusionist and sage!.. oh and my dragoon he was a beast.

I might get this game as it sounds like the only thing out right now that sounds appealing to me, especially if it runs on a system like that :)
#4SuperXThousandPosted 8/20/2014 7:47:24 AM
StevoElSupremo1 posted...
Thats one of my favorite parts from Tactics was the job system! loved my illusionist and sage!.. oh and my dragoon he was a beast.

I might get this game as it sounds like the only thing out right now that sounds appealing to me, especially if it runs on a system like that :)

It's like a Golden Sun battle system (turn based) with jobs/classes.
#5wakko_redPosted 8/20/2014 11:32:07 AM
I like the battle system more in BD than Golden Sun. It has a lot more challenge to it.
---
Playing Dravely Befault~
4770-1091-8683 Belle