Is this game easy to get into?

#1BehaviorismPosted 8/19/2014 9:59:19 AM
I watched a quick review and they said it's a very complicated battle system. And what is this "mrgrgr" they kept mentioning?
---
Summer Rae is my morning sunshine
#2I_eat_tablesPosted 8/19/2014 10:32:38 AM
The battle system is really easy to use, but gives you a lot of varied options, some of which can get quite complex and interesting. The game presents everything to you in a simple, easy to understand way.

Mrgrgr is a, uh, thing one of the main characters says when she's getting wound up. She gets wound up a lot, especially in the prologue and chapter 1.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#3Behaviorism(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 10:34:33 AM
I_eat_tables posted...
The battle system is really easy to use, but gives you a lot of varied options, some of which can get quite complex and interesting. The game presents everything to you in a simple, easy to understand way.

Mrgrgr is a, uh, thing one of the main characters says when she's getting wound up. She gets wound up a lot, especially in the prologue and chapter 1.

I see....
---
Summer Rae is my morning sunshine
#4ShogunuuPosted 8/19/2014 3:13:29 PM
It's a character's one liner. It's used excessively in the first three chapters (counting the Prologue), but it dies out quickly after that, only being used in very critical parts of the game.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5455-9388-5344 - Friend Safari Psychic: Munna, Espurr, Xatu
#5alt_realityPosted 8/19/2014 3:32:28 PM
Nope, it's terrible; that's why we all post here.

Run while you can!
---
"Are you one of those men who likes...other boys?" - Estelle Bright, Trails in the Sky
#6RaiuPosted 8/20/2014 4:25:35 AM
Also, the entire Prologue chapter is a bit of a tutorial. Combat starts out very basic (one character, one job, very few available actions), but slowly adds one new feature at a time. By the end of the Prologue, you'll have your entire party together, you'll have five Jobs (including Freelancer) to play with, you'll have all your combat options, and the list of options in the bottom screen will be (mostly) filled out.
---
-Raiutaryuu-