So does this game have the same plot-line as ______? (Spoilers for two series)

#1Pheonix_DragonPosted 8/19/2014 11:07:44 AM
Mortal Kombat Deception? Let me make things brief:

Shujinko/Agnes are deceived by Damashi/Airy to go on a quest that is founded on false pretences. Despite what Damashi/Airy tell Shujinko/Agnes, the true purpose of the quest is the resurrection of Onaga/Ouroboros. The subtitle of each game references the deceit.
---
I understand my username has an error. Just live with it. However, to see my real signature simply hit alt F4.
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Xero127
#2Hirokey123Posted 8/19/2014 12:09:01 PM
When you break it down to almost the most bare bones generic tropes? Kinda. When you factor in yah know all the actual story details, plot, lore, and characters? No it's night and Day.

Hell you're not actually reviving a bad guy in BD at all. He's already alive and well and could conquer all the worlds if he wanted to, that's not what his aim is. What you are doing is connecting all the worlds making them into a bridge and at the end of that bridge is literally the fourth wall. His desire being to breach the forth wall and break into our world, the celestial realm, so he could essentially turn our world into a video game world to bringing monsters and chaos to it. His reason for doing so being he saw celestial spirits (I.E. us) as fellow gods. He thought our world sounded boring and that's why we celestial spirits interfere in this world playing games with lives of the people in it. So he wanted to get to our world with the belief that we/our world desired/needs his chaos because its so boring otherwise.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#3Darkhacker1811Posted 8/23/2014 5:10:13 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
When you break it down to almost the most bare bones generic tropes? Kinda. When you factor in yah know all the actual story details, plot, lore, and characters? No it's night and Day.

Hell you're not actually reviving a bad guy in BD at all. He's already alive and well and could conquer all the worlds if he wanted to, that's not what his aim is. What you are doing is connecting all the worlds making them into a bridge and at the end of that bridge is literally the fourth wall. His desire being to breach the forth wall and break into our world, the celestial realm, so he could essentially turn our world into a video game world to bringing monsters and chaos to it. His reason for doing so being he saw celestial spirits (I.E. us) as fellow gods. He thought our world sounded boring and that's why we celestial spirits interfere in this world playing games with lives of the people in it. So he wanted to get to our world with the belief that we/our world desired/needs his chaos because its so boring otherwise.

When you put it like that, it's actually quite smart of the developers to incorporate such an interesting little twist in the game's plot and involve our world like that. It's a shame that they just didn't put a little more effort into refining some of the game's more delicate issues, which left a few plot elements unanswered/confusing, but I am aware that budget probably played a part in that, and that, just as it played a part in the game's second half.