I've been pressing X for a good 5 minutes. (spoilers)

#1tropirenoPosted 8/21/2014 7:43:05 AM
How much longer until the damn crystal breaks?
This is getting ridiculous. I am actually fearing damage to my 3DS at this point.
#2Natwaf_akidnaPosted 8/21/2014 8:24:19 AM
Soon.

And you can stop pressing X while waiting for the people to stop talking
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#3RaiuPosted 8/21/2014 9:45:54 AM
Dumb question, perhaps, but a relevant one:

Are you in Chapter 5 or later?
---
-Raiutaryuu-
#4tropireno(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 10:26:51 AM
Raiu posted...
Dumb question, perhaps, but a relevant one:

Are you in Chapter 5 or later?

Yes, I'm past Chapter 5. I already beat the game normally, I'm just trying to get the bad ending.

You know, these crystal praying segments of the game were completely unnecessary, especially considering how many times you have to do them in the game. A MUCH more convenient and sensical way to do it would have been to simply have a menu choice.

"Will you pray to the crystal?"
-Yes
-No

"Continue praying to the crystal?"
-Yes
-No

There, now I don't have to risk breaking my X button 4 times per chapter.
#5ShogunuuPosted 8/21/2014 10:39:29 AM
Not yet, just a little longer!
---
3DS Friend Code: 5455-9388-5344 - Friend Safari Psychic: Munna, Espurr, Xatu
#6HugDaddyPosted 8/21/2014 11:00:48 AM
You have to pump the X button beyond Dig Dug's ability to get it to break, sadly.
---
---------------------
My Colecovision is probably older than you...
#7LuckHeartPosted 8/21/2014 1:39:39 PM
I was told that you have to listen to the explanation for the crystal to break. Might want to try that
---
PSN - VpLuck
3DS FC - 2337-2876-5469
#8Hirokey123Posted 8/21/2014 1:57:43 PM
Is it the fourth crystal? Cause I spend FOREVER on the fourth crystal trying to break it and the game just absolutely refused to let it break. Went and broke the first crystal at the start of Ch7 it took only like a minute or less for it to break.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#9Natwaf_akidnaPosted 8/21/2014 3:24:45 PM
LuckHeart posted...
I was told that you have to listen to the explanation for the crystal to break. Might want to try that

Not true

I broke the crystal without listening to the explanation
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#10OrihimePosted 8/23/2014 12:49:37 AM
Yes, I'm past Chapter 5. I already beat the game normally, I'm just trying to get the bad ending.

You know, these crystal praying segments of the game were completely unnecessary, especially considering how many times you have to do them in the game. A MUCH more convenient and sensical way to do it would have been to simply have a menu choice.

"Will you pray to the crystal?"
-Yes
-No

"Continue praying to the crystal?"
-Yes
-No

There, now I don't have to risk breaking my X button 4 times per chapter.

I know that would be more convenient, but this isn't Dragon Quest. I had some trouble for a bit, but the tutorial that seemed to help the most was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjnOaw9WVo0

I'm not the best button masher and actually, I didn't tense up the muscle that the instructor tells you to all that much and I still was able to break the crystal. It also helps to put the 3DS down on a table if you're not playing this on, say, a train.