Ok, so genome hunting and where am I now? (spoilers)

#1Inuyasha8908Posted 8/21/2014 8:57:10 AM
Ok, I think I am after chapter 5 I think. I cannot remember specifically, but I do know that I flew the ship into the pillar of light, and I have awoken 3 of the 4 stones, and defeated again all of the asterix holders. I have been trying to find all the genomes, but I think I am at the point where I have to wait till Hasp to get the rest. Currently I have #'s 1,2,5,6,7,9,13,14,18,1921,22,25, and Thundja? The rest of the missing numbers, do I have to wait till hasp or can I still get a few of these now? I had been waiting and trying to find the rest of these, and my lil crist fairy is getting pretty angry.
---
RedXIII" I can smell it, and the cannon is definately not that way follow me" Cloud, continues running the other way.
#2RaiuPosted 8/21/2014 11:02:34 AM
I don't know what number corresponds to which ability, so I'll just use the names:

You can get Curse, Spray, Firestorm, Tornado, Blizzard Blast, Blaster, Bone Crush, Withering Silence, Rock Storm, Toxic Whirl, Lullaby, and Hellfire from random battles in chapters 5 through 8, you can get Fireball from one specific boss fight in Chapter 7, you can get Deep Freeze, Aqua Regia, and Energy Burst from the Wind, Water, and Fire Temple Bosses (respectively) in Chapters 5 and beyond, and you can get the four -aja spells from Nemeses in Norende Village at any point.

Venom, Wing Scales, Dual Attack, Chomp, Paralyzing Pollen, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Gastric Juices, and White Wind are the ones you have to find before Chapter 5 or in the Hasp. Fireball can also be gotten from the Hasp if you miss it in the Chapter 7 boss fight.
---
-Raiutaryuu-
#3silktailPosted 8/22/2014 8:16:45 PM
Venom, Wing Scales, Dual Attack, Chomp, Paralyzing Pollen, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Gastric Juices, and White Wind are the ones you have to find before Chapter 5 or in the Hasp.

Chomp can be gotten from Valtora in Chapter 5. (I.e. Kustra Archipelago.)

Fireball can also be gotten from the Hasp if you miss it in the Chapter 7 boss fight.

I don't remember Fireball appearing in any boss fights.

(Or at least, it isn't cast by Fire D'gons and I can't remember any other candidates.)
---
#4RaiuPosted 8/23/2014 4:56:00 AM
silktail posted...
Venom, Wing Scales, Dual Attack, Chomp, Paralyzing Pollen, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Gastric Juices, and White Wind are the ones you have to find before Chapter 5 or in the Hasp.

Chomp can be gotten from Valtora in Chapter 5. (I.e. Kustra Archipelago.)

Huh. Didn't see any Valtoras there. I must have missed them.

Fireball can also be gotten from the Hasp if you miss it in the Chapter 7 boss fight.

I don't remember Fireball appearing in any boss fights.

(Or at least, it isn't cast by Fire D'gons and I can't remember any other candidates.)

In the Ominas Crowe fight, his pet d'gon Bahamut uses Fireball. (The attack actually has a different name, but it teaches you Fireball anyway. I know, because that's how I learned it)
---
-Raiutaryuu-
#5silktailPosted 8/23/2014 7:09:57 PM
Raiu posted...
In the Ominas Crowe fight, his pet d'gon Bahamut uses Fireball. (The attack actually has a different name, but it teaches you Fireball anyway. I know, because that's how I learned it)

Pico Flare teaches Fireball? I wasn't expecting that.

I wonder if that is just a translation issue, or whether we should look out for other attacks which teach Genomes.
---
#6Hirokey123Posted 8/23/2014 7:47:59 PM
It's not a translation issue it's just a joke. Pico means small and so just like this Dragon is clearly not Bahamut his version of megaflare is just a small flare aka an ordinary fireball.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me