How are people getting 9999 Rages with Low Leverage?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. How are people getting 9999 Rages with Low Leverage?
2 years ago#1
I've heard about people doing this but I don't know what the setup itself is. Can someone help?
Accept Kyoko as your new God.
2 years ago#2
Sword Magic Amp, Two Handed, Drain Attack Up, Critical 1000% and best Katana for minimal investment.
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
2 years ago#3
bassyura posted...
Sword Magic Amp, Two Handed, Drain Attack Up, Critical 1000% and best Katana for minimal investment.

This.

A few minor things:
1. Before your attack, switch out your weapon for a Blood Blade, then use it to activate the Drain Sword Magic.
2. Afterwards, switch back to your weapon.
3. If you're using a Katana, you only need Critical 500%, due to the high crit rate the Katana has.

I also gave element up to the Rage user, and Dark Weak to the target. Dunno if that's overkill or not, but I also have a second Rage user who doesn't use a Katana and Conjurer, so eh. That one doesn't hit 9999 unless it crits, while the Katana one does all the time.
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
2 years ago#4
I've got Yoichi's bow on one of my rage users. It's slightly better crit, but about 43 atk weaker than 2handing Mutsu whatever katana. Since it's a bow, I don't have to equip 2handed and get a free aerial exploit.

I also played with dual wielding Katana/Ripper (15/20 crit) or a pair of katanas, with black belt. Nearly always crits, but I don't know about how the damage is divied up, like if it only uses your primary weapon's atk or an aggregate between the two. I figure there's no benefit besides stacking crit chance.

I always have compounding on somebody to throw dark-weak (and shadowflares), and usually a vampire for curse/gastricjuice to debuff physdef.

but there's lots of ways to hit the damage cap. the thing about rage isn't that it's an especially powerful attack, but that it attacks 5x a turn ~ so your already powerful attacks become obscene.
3DS FC: 4356-1134-0796 // BD Chpt6 & Big Pharma
Pokerus & FS: Rock ~ Barbaracle, Onix, Dweeble IGN: Enos
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. How are people getting 9999 Rages with Low Leverage?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived