boss rush? [spoilers]

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 8/22/2014 10:58:42 PM
looking ahead a little bit in this walkthrough... i see my next sub-scenario in chapter 8 is fighting all the bosses in large groups one after another, but i DO get breaks between each battle... although the enemies use completely different strategies than they did before, making each battle harder.

ok, i can deal with that...

...but then i read that after beating them all, you can talk to braev and challenge everyone AGAIN... WITHOUT BREAKS.

what the hell?!

why would i want to do a boss rush without any breaks between battles?

i mean, i could PROBABLY do it, but it'd be frustrating and take alot of time... especially if its immediately after i finish fighting all those damn battles.

so can someone tell me if there is any reward for doing that? are there journal entries or cutscenes for beating them without any breaks?

or should i just skip out on it?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2LocartePosted 8/23/2014 12:01:15 AM
One journal entry, bosses vs party banter between each fight in the event viewer, and the chance at more elixirs which can be dropped/stolen from all the bosses cept the Black Mage (steal Lordly Robes and drops Lilith Rod).
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 2:02:05 AM
this would really burn through my dragon fangs, though... i use four per battle against these damn asterisk holders for giant's drafts. :/

so going through all of these battles, and then doing it AGAIN... ugh, that'd take a ton of those things... and a huge amount of money to restock on them all... starting to wonder if its even worth the dialogue and journal entries... i am trying to finish the game sooner rather than later, but this is frustrating me.
---
#4CheonjiPosted 8/23/2014 2:55:56 AM
If you just want to cheese it, you can use Freelancer/Salve-maker x4 and Turn Toxic Megalixir. Have the fastest member of your party Brave three times, use Turn Toxic on one Megalixir and then spam Mimic on everyone. It only works if you have enough Megalixirs for all rounds, though.
#5cowboybbp1Posted 8/23/2014 9:46:52 PM
You shouldn't need Giant's Drafts for these fights. All you need is a Vampire with the Lullaby Genome. That is it.

Every one of the Human bosses is vulnerable to Sleep. If you have a Vampire cast Lullaby every round, then just use single target attacks, you can take them out one at a time because all the others in the fight will never wake up. It might seem like a waste of a turn sometimes, but have the Vampire cast Lullaby EVERY turn.

Not only to make sure everyone stays asleep, but also because the enemy you are attacking (that you keep waking up) will never attack you if you put them to sleep every round then wake them right back up.

Doing this, I made it through all of the Chapter 8 battles with ease (most of the time taking no damage). And the Boss Rush at the end (the one with no breaks) was just as easy. If you ever DO get into trouble, your Vampire can Brave once so they can cast Lullaby AND White Wind to heal you up (now, I had my character doing this as a Salve-Maker/Vampire with Monster Ability Up, Hasten World, Status Ailment Amp, and Item Critical for Abilities).

Trust me, you can't fail this way.
---
Gamertag: Rubedo URTV 666 / PSN: cowboybbp1
3DS: 0817-3754-7953 / Nintendo Network: Rubedo666
#6ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 12:43:39 AM
i fail to see how that strategy can even be considered half-decent...

i have used lullaby countless times before... and it almost NEVER seems to work.

seems like my chances for poisoning and putting to sleep are insanely low most of the time.

my party set up is fine the way it is... i have no doubt i can win, its just the game has been mind-numbingly repetitive so far... and fighting every single boss in the game twice in a row is just going overboard... it almost makes me sick thinking about it at this point.

i might just skip out on it... its not like 100% completion is even possible in one playthrough, anyway... and im certainly not doing more than one playthrough.
---
#7cowboybbp1Posted 8/24/2014 1:46:18 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
i fail to see how that strategy can even be considered half-decent...

I just TOLD you it was half decent and that it worked! By saying you don't see how that could be true, you are essentially saying that I must be lying because you can't get it to work.

Now, if you want to spend thousands of PG on Dragon Fangs because you can't survive without buffing up your characters. That strategy also works I suppose. But since you were b*tching about it, I offered you a much easier one.

I even gave you my character layout. With Status Ailment Amp, you get like a 50% increase in the chance your status ailments will land (don't know the exact percentage, but I know it helped me get it to work pretty much every other cast, where without it it was taking 3 or 4). With Hasten World, everyone is getting 2 BP per turn, so your Vampire can Brave EVERY turn, and can therefore cast the spell Lullaby TWICE every turn (thereby making it almost guaranteed to work because you have both Monster Ability Amp and Status Ailment Amp).

Don't get pissy because you aren't as good at the game as other people.
---
#8I_eat_tablesPosted 8/24/2014 5:38:45 AM
Hold on. You didn't include some of the important bits like abilities (monster ability amp and staus ailment amp) that make it work. You're the one who is escalating this beyond him just saying 'it didn't work' - because that's exactly true. Without those abilities, it isn't going to work.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#9alt_realityPosted 8/24/2014 6:43:34 AM
It is very possible and not all that difficult but you sound like you're not really enjoying yourself and don't really want to play the game anymore. That's fine if you want to complain and quit but don't go shooting down kind people who are offering you help after you asked for help.

There are so many broken things in this game that taking out boss rush isn't all that hard. However, it's very possible that the party that you created on a whim isn't optimal and won't be able to stand up to them ...that's what experimenting and trying new things is all about. Maybe you need to tweak your team or try a different strategy if you're unable to fight them.

But again, no one is holding a gun to your head to finish the game and its optional content. If you don't like it, quit. Just don't go and be hostile to anyone who offers you the help you requested.

If you posted your party, I'm sure someone here might offer you assistance on how to improve your performance even if you have been a little snarky thus far.
---
"Are you one of those men who likes...other boys?" - Estelle Bright, Trails in the Sky
#10cowboybbp1Posted 8/24/2014 9:33:56 AM
I_eat_tables posted...
Hold on. You didn't include some of the important bits like abilities (monster ability amp and staus ailment amp) that make it work. You're the one who is escalating this beyond him just saying 'it didn't work' - because that's exactly true. Without those abilities, it isn't going to work.

What are you talking about? Did you even read my first post all the way through? Go to the 4th paragraph, last sentence. I clearly list my character build, including the abilities that make it work.
---