How quickly does equipment get obsolete in this game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. How quickly does equipment get obsolete in this game?
9 months ago#1
I just started playing a few days ago, and by the merit of being sort of busy and not able to game for eighteen hours a day, I feel like my Norende Village is further along than the rest of my game.

I just started Chapter 1, and I'm pretty sure that I'm about to get the Thief asterisk (although I could be wrong, I'm just guessing by context clues in the sidequest), but I have access to some items that seem to be way overpowered for where I am.

My question is: is it worthwhile to spend the money on stronger weapons, or will they be less useful too soon? I'm using RIngabel as a knight right now, and I just got access to Lu Bu's Spear via the Norende weapon shop. Is it worth spending the 8k for it, or just a waste of money?
---
Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 4828-4786-6851
Safari: Lampent, Gourgeist, Dusclops
9 months ago#2
It's worth it I guess. You're the playing your bravely default game.

I myself am pretty much just leveling up a few certain lorende shops. The golden egg and growth egg they're pretty spendy.

With all the freebie items I keep getting from the lorende shops I might sell a couple of x potions to see how much I get from selling an x potion or whatever
9 months ago#3
I am building up my village as I play. I am in CH2 and just able to purchase LuBu Spear, but my Norende is all around ~ 8ish now. You can get by without, but if you have the dough I probably would get it. I've bought magics as soon as I was able to get. I would definitely upgrade everyones gear to mythril once you have access/get far enough in game. (Lu Bu spear > Mythril though )
9 months ago#4
Some stuff from Norende is pretty far ahead of the curve, and will last a while before being obsoleted. The Red Cap for example you can buy pretty early and it's the best headgear for physical party members for a long time, thanks to good defensive stats and two nice stat bonuses. Lu Bu's Spear isn't obsoleted (by a spear) until like chapter 5 or so, and even then it's by a tiny amount (the most powerful spear available before the final chapter has 39 attack, a whole 4 more than Lu Bu).

(Edit: Bad word choice)
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
(edited 0 seconds ago)
9 months ago#5
Also, Angel Bows from Norende can pretty much trivialize the 1st half of the game, especially when you equip it on a Thief or Ranger. The charm effect and Special moves are a bonus. I noticed it does become obsolete around late Ch 3 or beginning of Ch 4, but that's a good buy, especially when your job selection is fairly slim early game.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. How quickly does equipment get obsolete in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived