Full English details on DW8 cross save functionality (PS3/PS4/Vita)

#1GothannPosted 1/11/2014 5:49:15 PM
Much like all other regions that have this game, it'll be possible to use the cloud for save synchronization. Here's a neat image Tecmo Koei Europe tweeted a few hours ago to explain how it'll work specifically for DW8 (since we're not getting Complete Edition on PS3).

http://inspchin.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/dynasty-warriors-8-save-data-to-xtreme-legends-complete-edition-dw8xl-tkfamily/

Basically, you can move your progress between all versions via the cloud.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#2KubeStickPosted 1/13/2014 8:20:34 AM
excellent news. i stopped playing this game since i heard it was coming to ps4 since i wasn't sure my ps3 save could be used.
---
Cod is the call of duty of fish. - _decitron
Being a Macross fan in the U.S. sucks. :( Curse you Harmony Gold!!!
#3Dragonspear2462Posted 1/15/2014 11:56:03 PM
Anyone know if I transfer from DW8 (PS3) to DW 8 (PS4), it'll unlock trophies on PS4 (those that I already got from PS3). If it doesn't work, it would be a chore to replay everything even when your characters are maxed...

and correct me if I'm wrong...you CAN'T transfer from PS4 to PS3 right?
---
"There Is Nothing Either Good Or Bad, But Thinking Makes It So"
#4chongwanhsingPosted 1/16/2014 6:13:21 AM
Dragonspear2462 posted...
Anyone know if I transfer from DW8 (PS3) to DW 8 (PS4), it'll unlock trophies on PS4 (those that I already got from PS3). If it doesn't work, it would be a chore to replay everything even when your characters are maxed...

If you mean PS4 DW8+XL to PS3 DW8XL or PS3 DW8+XL, you can transfer, there is a limit of one transfer per day though.
---
My EBA "ALL 300" "Jumpin' Jack Flash" multi-screen video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvLCnKqYWzA
#5KubeStickPosted 1/16/2014 6:51:13 AM
chongwanhsing posted...

If you mean PS4 DW8+XL to PS3 DW8XL or PS3 DW8+XL, you can transfer, there is a limit of one transfer per day though.

i think the poster meant if the trophies transferred over.
---
Cod is the call of duty of fish. - _decitron
Being a Macross fan in the U.S. sucks. :( Curse you Harmony Gold!!!
#6chongwanhsingPosted 1/16/2014 9:51:42 AM
DW8 and DW8XL have completely different sets of trophies, there is nothing to carry over.
There is no combined DW8+XL trophies for PS4 version, only the XL trophies.
---
#7Dragonspear2462Posted 1/16/2014 11:41:40 AM
chongwanhsing posted...
DW8 and DW8XL have completely different sets of trophies, there is nothing to carry over.

Wait, I thought the Complete version (PS4) includes BOTH DW8 and DW8 XL? I know that it won't unlock for XL obviously but for the vanilla vers yes?

And same question for PS4 to PSVita..will trophies carry over?

Thanks
---
"There Is Nothing Either Good Or Bad, But Thinking Makes It So"
#8chongwanhsingPosted 1/17/2014 5:28:42 AM
chongwanhsing posted...

Wait, I thought the Complete version (PS4) includes BOTH DW8 and DW8 XL? I know that it won't unlock for XL obviously but for the vanilla vers yes?

And same question for PS4 to PSVita..will trophies carry over?

Thanks

Game - all stages in the original game are available in the complete edition.
Trophy - only XL trophies are available in the complete edition, you cannot unlock any trophies of the original game.

PS3 and Vita shares the same trophy set, I don't see it for PS4 (although since XL saves can transfer between consoles, you can still unlock the same trophy).
---
#9moonteckerPosted 1/22/2014 2:54:07 PM(edited)
Can the saves work like this:

PS3 DW8 XL -> PS4 DW8 XL CE
---
PSN: moontecker, Xbox Live: moontecker
#10soran66Posted 1/22/2014 9:47:18 PM
i haven't been around for a while, so i am confused about this whole complete edition. does it have both the original 8 and el in it? or what exactly?
---
PSN: devil_prince11