is it worth getting the guide to the game

#1antwan3344Posted 3/4/2014 6:09:29 PM
should i get the guide for the game or is it not worth it
#2Village IdiotPosted 3/4/2014 6:31:37 PM
No.

Just use GFaqs

If you have a smartphone or tablet, download FAQr on the Google Store. It uses the FAQs on Gamefaqs and makes using them so easy.
---
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch
#3defunct32Posted 3/4/2014 10:58:49 PM
GameFAQs and the internet offers a lot more but I still ordered a copy from my local store anyways, I like to see all the pretties in the book.
---
PSN and Game Centre ID: defunct32
#4Alias_NemesisPosted 3/5/2014 6:39:27 AM
defunct32 posted...
GameFAQs and the internet offers a lot more but I still ordered a copy from my local store anyways, I like to see all the pretties in the book.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO BOUGHT GUIDEBOOKS FOR THE PRETTIES!!
---
PSN:Gilthas_Grear - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mab700j6AC1rww746o1_500.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18cj2deav6gb4gif/ku-xlarge.gif
#5Godstriker8Posted 3/5/2014 10:55:26 PM
I had the original guides back in the day. Very beautiful, amd extremely helpful with detailed maps showing where every treasure is, a spreadsheet for every Rikku Mix combination, and pinpoint numbers on how much health everyone had.

For X-2, it was EXTREMELY helpful for getting 100%. The guide tells you exactly what actions give you which percentage. So you should always know if you have the maximum amount of game completion at any given time.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#6defunct32Posted 3/5/2014 11:21:31 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
I had the original guides back in the day. Very beautiful, amd extremely helpful with detailed maps showing where every treasure is, a spreadsheet for every Rikku Mix combination, and pinpoint numbers on how much health everyone had.

For X-2, it was EXTREMELY helpful for getting 100%. The guide tells you exactly what actions give you which percentage. So you should always know if you have the maximum amount of game completion at any given time.

Wow, it's that helpful? Great!
---
PSN and Game Centre ID: defunct32
#7Noname81Posted 3/6/2014 7:02:38 AM(edited)
I'm debating about buying a guide because the guides on Gamefaqs will probably copy and paste from the PS2 version and not include all the changes this version has. I ran into that problem when I played Tales of the Abyss on my 3DS. They had the Japanese guides which were pretty poorly written imo, and the guides for the PS2 version, but nobody could be bothered to make a step by step guide for the 3DS version which resulted me in running around in circles at one point in the game. I think It'll be worth it to get the real deal in this case.
#8JustinFFPosted 3/7/2014 6:43:54 PM
The only guides worth buying are produced by Piggyback.

Anyone who gives their money to the EA of the guidebook world that is Bradygames needs their heads examining. They're low quality, full of mistakes and just lazy.

The original Final Fantasy X / X-2 guidebooks were produced by Piggyback, and are beautiful creations. Square-Enix, however, have sold out with the remaster, and given the job to Bradygames. If you are going to get one, then get the original - you can still pick them up on eBay.

My Collectors Edition Hardback guide for Final Fantasy XII is still sitting on my table - it's weighty enough to knock out Yiazmat itself, and it's a masterpiece of hand-drawn artwork and illustrations. Every Bradygames book I've ever seen in comparison has just been cheap and nasty.

Yeah - a rant, but the difference in quality just riles me up every time.
#9jschristyPosted 3/7/2014 8:16:27 PM
JustinFF posted...
The only guides worth buying are produced by Piggyback.

Anyone who gives their money to the EA of the guidebook world that is Bradygames needs their heads examining. They're low quality, full of mistakes and just lazy.

The original Final Fantasy X / X-2 guidebooks were produced by Piggyback, and are beautiful creations. Square-Enix, however, have sold out with the remaster, and given the job to Bradygames. If you are going to get one, then get the original - you can still pick them up on eBay.

My Collectors Edition Hardback guide for Final Fantasy XII is still sitting on my table - it's weighty enough to knock out Yiazmat itself, and it's a masterpiece of hand-drawn artwork and illustrations. Every Bradygames book I've ever seen in comparison has just been cheap and nasty.

Yeah - a rant, but the difference in quality just riles me up every time.

The original x, x-2, and xii guides in the USA were by Brady games. piggyback guides didn't really expand over here until much later. Hell the first Piggyback guide I've seen here was the one for mgs4
---
SS FC: 1892 3402 3141
#10GiSS88Posted 3/7/2014 9:45:09 PM
I would say if you like the graphics of the guides, they're worth it. If it's just for the info, Gfaqs is far better.

Which actually leads me to a bit of a derailment, anyone know which is the best guide for the international version?
---
PSN: NoJ87
3DS: 3995-6590-2490 *PM if you add me // PokemonY, Gabite/Sliggo/Dragonair Safari