Why you SHOULD lose money in the bank when you die

#1chrpskwkPosted 10/5/2013 12:29:18 PM(edited)
If you don't lose money in your bank when you die, everyone will finally realize you can deposit money with your phone

So no one carries money to have lost when they die
Deaths will be meaningless

Perhaps 5% is too much, but I sure as hell don't think it should be 0%. Maybe 2.5%

No money loss means those "griefing troll ass hats" you keep dying to because you have no minimap awareness (try being creative where you are when you want to stand still to do something / have friends around you), obviously not counting spawn area campers, will just keep coming for you even more because they literally have nothing to lose.

As it is, you can just dodge and shotgun them and they lose money. Makes perfect sense to me

and yes I think the gamemodes where you most likely will be dying 5-8+ times should have a small money loss when you die. Maybe 0.5-1%
---
Sugar, spice, and everything nice...
These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls
#2xsniper90xPosted 10/5/2013 12:30:35 PM
i think it shouldve worked like if you die and you have no money on you at the time, you wont lose money at all. it would teach people the benefit of putting money into the bank. those who dont put money away get penalized more. not only lose money when you die, but hospital bills cost you more on top of dying.
---
your resistance only makes my mushroom harder!
PSN ---> hitman555z <--- PSN
#3chrpskwk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:31:43 PM
xsniper90x posted...
i think it shouldve worked like if you die and you have no money on you at the time, you wont lose money at all. it would teach people the benefit of putting money into the bank. those who dont put money away get penalized more. not only lose money when you die, but hospital bills cost you more on top of dying.

If you don't lose money in your bank when you die, everyone will finally realize you can deposit money with your phone

did you not read this or did you not read this
---
#4Dipfoot20Posted 10/5/2013 12:34:33 PM
So make more things require having cash to start. Simple,

Don't penalize people for dying. Dying is part of the fun in a free roam game.
---
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af50/benek00/silvarockstar.gif
#5xsniper90xPosted 10/5/2013 12:37:52 PM
chrpskwk posted...
xsniper90x posted...

did you not read this or did you not read this

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465
---
#6chrpskwk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:39:14 PM
xsniper90x posted...
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

As much as I've enjoyed that .gif over the years, why did you bother posting if you weren't going to even read the first post or even try to make some sort of actual counter argument or even agreement?
---
#7tag545Posted 10/5/2013 12:39:38 PM
Griefers have a choice while you don't therefore punishments based on money are useless.

The only difference the loss makes to a griefer is that he will play nice when he wants to save money to buy something expensive.

Otherwise he is free to whittle down your wealth as he likes without a care to what happens to himself
#8liliciclePosted 10/5/2013 12:41:25 PM
this is a game that takes place in the US... a country where a visit to the hospital can result in a bill for hundreds of thousands of dollars. luckily for us, rockstar patched in obamacare and as a result, the max we pay per visit is $2000.... the economy is going to the sh*tter tho so yah....
#9xsniper90xPosted 10/5/2013 12:44:07 PM
chrpskwk posted...
xsniper90x posted...

As much as I've enjoyed that .gif over the years, why did you bother posting if you weren't going to even read the first post or even try to make some sort of actual counter argument or even agreement?

im ticked off that i cant get online, such as others here, and im currently staring at my tv screen for the past maybe 20 minutes while downloading kingdoms of amalur.

no time for formal agreement and arguments.
---
#10The DevourerPosted 10/5/2013 12:47:09 PM
What it needs is a system that doesn't punish you for 5% of your income every time you die no matter the reason you died or the frequency with which you die. It's worthless to attempt survival missions because every death results in a loss of money from your bank. Playing free roam with random people results in a loss of money every time they kill you. Doing anything results in a loss of money every time you die. And it doesn't cap out. So you lose 5k one death, then 4.7k the next, then 4.5 the next. You're losing a LOT of money compared to what you gain because of there being no cap on it at all and it not accounting for anything except "oh you died sucks for you"
---
FX8350, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7