Thoughts on 'griefing'

#1patrick101290Posted 10/8/2013 10:18:18 AM
You have the options to create solo lobbies, friend only lobbies, and crew lobbies.
If you go into an open lobby its a free for all. If someone wants to kill you over and over again they have that right.
Why are so many people crying over other people killing them for 'nothing' when you have the options to play online without the hassle of PvP.
PvPing is the only real fun thing to do online right now. Since everyone else is just Glitch mission grinding.
---
"The only time I've lost is when someone has beaten me." - LuvulUp
#2peephole303Posted 10/8/2013 10:21:11 AM
because of the current bank glitch
#3RobotPirteGhostPosted 10/8/2013 10:23:51 AM
If you just want to run around and kil people, that's what Deathmatch and TDM are for.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#4Rodimus_PrimePosted 10/8/2013 10:23:59 AM
The issue is the amount of banked money lost per death. Most feel it's too high and I agree.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#5The DevourerPosted 10/8/2013 10:26:20 AM
It's not a "free for all" that's what "deathmatch" is.

You can argue all you want but the fact that there is an entirely separate mode for deathmatch would indicate that free roam is not simply a "free for all" where your rights are endless which you seem to think.
---
FX8350, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#6patrick101290(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:26:27 AM
See I disagree, especially since of the money mission grinding. Eventually people are going to have so much money they wont be able to do anything with it. Right now is when the game is the most fun because people are still broke. In a month when everyone is millionaires the game won't be as fun.
---
#7patrick101290(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:28:28 AM
The Devourer posted...
It's not a "free for all" that's what "deathmatch" is.

You can argue all you want but the fact that there is an entirely separate mode for deathmatch would indicate that free roam is not simply a "free for all" where your rights are endless which you seem to think.

That's where you're wrong. FREE ROAM. where you are entitled to play however you'd like. Just because you don't like how I play doesn't make it wrong. I could make a case that if you want to play peacefully, make a solo session. Can you play peacefully on free roam, sure. But if you get gunned down don't be upset about it.
---
#8TheOriginalMaxPosted 10/8/2013 10:40:47 AM
patrick101290 posted...
you are entitled to play however you'd like.

Same for the person you just shot online. They're just as entitled to play as however they like and NOT get killed, as you are in forcing them to PvP.

Just because you don't like how I play doesn't make it wrong.

Just because I don't play how you like, doesn't make it wrong. Just because people don't want to get constantly killed by you, doesn't make YOU right.

I could make a case that if you want to play peacefully, make a solo session. Can you play peacefully on free roam, sure. But if you get gunned down don't be upset about it.

Or how about R* giving us friendly fire off again?

"Oh but there was still griefing with FF off in GTAIV!!!" Yeah but it was lesser than with FF on. From what I've been hearing, I would be very glad if there was an option for FF off without hindering playing the game.

Honestly I keep seeing these same arguments from the PvP crowd: "Don't complain about my way of playing the game!" and yet complain about everyone else's way of playing the game who DON'T want to PvP. It's clear the counter measures R* put online against this problem are not enough. Why should online be mandated by those who want to PvP? It's not like PvP is the only answer to an "ever-living online environment".
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#9mde42Posted 10/8/2013 10:40:47 AM
wha's annoying is when you are minding your own business and someone decides to just randomly gun you down, then farm you while you continue to go about your business. All the while talking trash calling you names. Then when you finally challenge them to a 1v1 deathmatch they either a) decline still calling you names or b) accept, then when you get ahead by 5 kills ask their friends to come over and help you so it's essentially 2 v 1.
#10Yunthor_HnCPosted 10/8/2013 10:56:36 AM
mde42 posted...
wha's annoying is when you are minding your own business and someone decides to just randomly gun you down, then farm you while you continue to go about your business. All the while talking trash calling you names. Then when you finally challenge them to a 1v1 deathmatch they either a) decline still calling you names or b) accept, then when you get ahead by 5 kills ask their friends to come over and help you so it's essentially 2 v 1.

Pretty much this. I'd like to add higher level people who prey on people still doing the launch missions. I was killed 6 times between logging in and finally being able to buy new clothes for the first time, not to mention the guys with modded cars in the first race (and still barely beat me). Or the guys who kill you when you come out of a mission cut scene before you have a chance to even defend yourself, then proceed to farm you and get pissed off and send you hate mail and place bounties on you if you succeed in defending yourself.

Seriously, there are a lot of *******s playing. It's like playing the early days of MMOs, when there was absolutely no player protection from jack-wagons who insist on forcing everybody to play the way they want you to play. I've gotten into the habit of switching into passive mode (or whatever it's called) immediately after a mission, but even that doesn't keep them from running you over just because they can.