Catch up option is complete BS

#1Ocelot4444Posted 10/20/2013 4:58:26 PM
I was first place the whole race with 3 people behind me way behind. All of a sudden I see the 3 cars right behind me as if my car had flat tires, a burned out motor. WTF. And everyone player has this thing on too. Utter BS. Ended up finishing in 4th place.../rant
---
Youtube/Twitch: MrWhiteProductions
#2enjelsamaPosted 10/20/2013 4:59:54 PM
catch up.. isn't that bad.

Slip Stream is over powered x 9853956439576349857

2nd place can literately tap r2, and drive safely. Once your near finish line, press gas and go around you with little to no effort or skill.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#3zyrax2301Posted 10/20/2013 5:04:35 PM
I don't mind catchup - while it may be infuriating to be far ahead in first place and find everyone catching up to you, it's even worse to suffer along in last without any hope of winning after the inevitable pileup at the start of a race.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#43rd-DagreePosted 10/20/2013 5:34:08 PM
Yeah I feel your pain bro catch up is for weaklings who dont know how to race and hate to get left behind but I wont say it's the majority but its a good amount and they love ramming too.What I hate most is being hated on because I win the most races and everybody in the room tries to keep me from winning. If that don't work they kick me. I'm specially taking about them Europen guys. All I here is "Beusec nudffeh Mhuga Laidbackplaya".Then I get kicked lol.
---
so yall need to hide ya kids hide ya wife hide ya kids hide ya wife hide ya kids hide ya wife- and hide ya husban they rapen everbody out here
#5blue_watPosted 10/20/2013 5:35:58 PM
I've always hated rubber-banding unless it's a mario kart game
#6FluffyKidJoePosted 10/20/2013 5:37:14 PM
meh, it makes the races more fun.
#723Jarek23Posted 10/20/2013 5:39:35 PM
I HATE catch up, and slip stream is too OP. It's ridiculous how your car struggles to move when in first. With catch up on it's useless being in first place, just follow the leader and your guaranteed a win with slip stream.
---
I collect spores, molds, and fungus.
#83rd-DagreePosted 10/20/2013 5:42:42 PM
blue_wat posted...

^^Ha Ha Ha funny if you think Mario Cart was bad try playing Midnight Club 2 story mode that was the king of rubber band effect.I wont forget the pain lol..
---
so yall need to hide ya kids hide ya wife hide ya kids hide ya wife hide ya kids hide ya wife- and hide ya husban they rapen everbody out here
#9anthonycgPosted 10/20/2013 5:49:24 PM
3rd-Dagree posted...
blue_wat posted...

^^Ha Ha Ha funny if you think Mario Cart was bad try playing Midnight Club 2 story mode that was the king of rubber band effect.I wont forget the pain lol..

ONE MISTAKE and you were going to have massive problems. But if you could limit those mistakes to just messing up turns instead of crashing you usually had a good shot.

In GTA someone will come to get you pretty much regardless. Plus w/o catchup if a crew wanted to spin you out you'd have no way of catching up with the pack. At least now you can get one win before they kick you... I'm not a big fan of the racing anyway though.
#10LazyKennyPosted 10/20/2013 5:51:21 PM
enjelsama posted...
catch up.. isn't that bad.

Slip Stream is over powered x 9853956439576349857

2nd place can literately tap r2, and drive safely. Once your near finish line, press gas and go around you with little to no effort or skill.

You think that's bad?

Do an off-road race. Pick an actual car while someone else picks the Sanchez. If the Sanchez slipstreams you, the Sanchez can actually push you off the road without falling off.
---
The main thing I liked about FFTA? You were the villain bent on destroying Ivalice, re-crippling your brother, and killing someone's dead mom for a second time.