Getting the dune buggy online?

#1cicatronPosted 10/26/2013 11:16:33 AM
After having a search on the forum it seems as though that you can get it from a Lester mission called 'choppers tail' once you are past Lvl70. I am lvl 74 however and after requesting jobs from him several times this one mission has never presented itself.
Do some jobs require previous ones to be completed before others can be unlocked? Or is it simply a case of jobs being randomly selected based on what level you are.

Additionally, for those who do have the dune buggy, are you able to do performanced based modifications on it to better your chances in a custom car-enabled race online? Or am I better of tuning a BF Injection.
#2SwatoPosted 10/26/2013 1:48:17 PM(edited)
not sure about modding, but i prefer the injection. the buggy is too light and get jostled around too easy by bumps, jumps, fences, other drivers etc.

and since i dont need wins so much any more i use bodhi/merryweather mesa to do the jostling.
---
Picking up a game at midnight launch, i asked if gstop had a used one. Ha! You can't unread it!
GT/PSNjtet37
#3enjelsamaPosted 10/26/2013 1:51:19 PM
cicatron posted...
After having a search on the forum it seems as though that you can get it from a Lester mission called 'choppers tail' once you are past Lvl70. I am lvl 74 however and after requesting jobs from him several times this one mission has never presented itself.
Do some jobs require previous ones to be completed before others can be unlocked? Or is it simply a case of jobs being randomly selected based on what level you are.

Additionally, for those who do have the dune buggy, are you able to do performanced based modifications on it to better your chances in a custom car-enabled race online? Or am I better of tuning a BF Injection.

I didn't get that mission to how up till rank 80+.

I end up doing another mission, which seemed to be a trigger. As I got 7 others I never saw before show up that are rank 60 and 70. =/

I have few missions I was ignoreing do to 2+ players, or they seemed dumb.. After finally beating a few, I got bombed with more missions.
Totally forgot to take buggy back to garage after following chopper...-_-'
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#4Skyline22Posted 10/26/2013 2:01:21 PM
It can't be kept or modified I tried after me and some friends did a 70+ mission (I think it was from trevor, you chase a helicopter with dune buggies or something). A friend tried to store his after the mission and it wouldn't allow him to.
---
psn: ghost303 | steam: 303gh0st303
#5enjelsamaPosted 10/26/2013 2:07:31 PM
Skyline22 posted...
It can't be kept or modified I tried after me and some friends did a 70+ mission (I think it was from trevor, you chase a helicopter with dune buggies or something). A friend tried to store his after the mission and it wouldn't allow him to.

Even with glitch?

I got my FIB car, so I'm happy. Trying find something to put in last 2 spots..
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#6InfernoSDPosted 10/26/2013 3:49:52 PM
Chopper Tail is a Trevor mission, actually. You just have to get lucky when it comes to Trevor missions, since he doesn't give you his number to call. Keep clearing out missions you haven't done before and the game will feed you more.

Dune buggy can't be modded or put into the garage, except by using a glitch. I now have an insured grey/rusted buggy which is nice, but I wish they'd make the mod shop available. The game already allows you to paint it different colors in races, so that should be an option if nothing else.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/