Griefers or NPC Drivers...

#31mudkipz666Posted 11/12/2013 7:49:21 AM
Taikutsuna posted...
mudkipz666 posted...
Yunthor_HnC posted...
NPC drivers. When I get tired of griefers, I can just leave the lobby. NPC drivers will follow me to every damned server I go to.

I want to know how much of their stupidity is programmed. I've actually had NPC drivers swerve off the road, onto the sidewalk, and smash up my parked car, then get out to attack me because it damaged their car. I've had cops give me a 1-star rating for driving past them in my own car, not doing anything. The NPC stupidity in this game is incredible.

So much this. If R* were to tell me it's very intentional, & is supposed to be a reflection of (in their opinion) the self-absorbed, empty-headedness of California drivers, I'd feel a lot better about it.

They're in every game though. They were also in saint's row 1 which made me suspect that they stole the GTA programming code.

The drivers in GTA IV behave VERY differently, & will actually acknowledge your presence on the road.
---
PSN: UrMomLieksMudkip, BF3 server: Mudkipz' Funhouse
#32blueyeliePosted 11/12/2013 7:55:38 AM
Soulidarity posted...
...and these 2 show up above me, and just kept hovering over the top of me on the map. So intent on the chance to kill me that they followed me for about 30 minutes while i ran up and down the tunnel. .

This all day. This game is RIDICULOUS for people that just wait to kill you. I mean I am all for "yea it GTA you gonna get capped sonnnn" mentality but to the point of just following you around. Personally, I do the exact opposite. I will see a person and floor it right toward them and if they see me I just stand there. Usually I'll do my win pose and then peel out. Trying to make a difference that not everyone is intent in killing you for no reason.

Actually last night I was in the desert with a dirtbike an some dude was chasing me down in car and all I was doing was driving up a mound/mountain flipping off of it. Back and forth he was trying to drive up and shoot me the whole time and get me then come around the other side. Finally I saw on the map he was staying still then he goes over the mic "Dude, your flips look awesome!" It was nice to see that he finally just enjoyed.

Ended up friending me and we did a few missions together.
---
PSN - Jesterizer13
#33Mutedfaithwi60Posted 11/12/2013 9:48:14 AM
mudkipz666 posted...
The drivers in GTA IV behave VERY differently, & will actually acknowledge your presence on the road.

Nah IV still had the "I just switched lanes into oncoming traffic to make you crash to a full stop and I'll keep driving onto you whether you try to pass me in front or behind me", they were just a little bit less obvious about it (unless they switched to the wrong lane as in my example) and it happened WAY less often but it still happened specially on chase/tailing missions.
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28
#34mudkipz666Posted 11/12/2013 12:07:57 PM
Mutedfaithwi60 posted...
mudkipz666 posted...

Nah IV still had the "I just switched lanes into oncoming traffic to make you crash to a full stop and I'll keep driving onto you whether you try to pass me in front or behind me", they were just a little bit less obvious about it (unless they switched to the wrong lane as in my example) and it happened WAY less often but it still happened specially on chase/tailing missions.

The fact that it didn't happen AS often or to the same severity is evidence enough that it's different.

Take this little experiment, for instance: in both games, try matching speeds with the NPCs, & obey all traffic laws/signals. Approach an intersection at a red light. Creep out slowly into the intersection, & stop. In IV, the drivers will slow down before T-boning you, clearly acknowledging your presence (the may still hit you, but will do their best to avoid the collision).

In V, I guarantee you the same car will ACCELERATE through the intersection, in order to ram you at full speed. If you were to have started to accelerate a LITTLE yourself, to maybe try & clear the intersection, the NPC will accelerate MORE to MAKE DAMN SURE they collide with you.

&, to boot, if they weren't knocked unconscious by the accident, they will continue to accelerate into you to make the accident as worse as possible, rather than calmy back up as you back up (or, hell, just SIT there, NPC, but please stop accelerating into me while I try to move).

So, again, I want to hear it from R* themselves if the NPC driver behavior is meant to be a reflection of what they feel is the nature of California drivers, in that they live in a bubble, only acknowledging themselves on the road.
---
PSN: UrMomLieksMudkip, BF3 server: Mudkipz' Funhouse