A (kind of cheap) way of making more money

#1cmbasketPosted 2/19/2014 4:20:37 AM
Get a bunch of people on your friends list who play GTA Online fairly regularly and like to do survivals.Once in awhile check the background screen and when you see someone doing a survival, join their game after about 20 minutes or so after they started the survival (which will only work if there are less than four people in the survival). By then they'll be in wave 8 or 9. You only have to play a few waves and you still get the full $20,000.
---
Video gamer since the early '90's.
#2ScottehyPosted 2/19/2014 4:40:41 AM
Lol.
#3gothicanimePosted 2/19/2014 6:12:07 AM
I hate it when the Host is ignorant of the Kick option
---
PSN: Mikeintheshell
Mental List: 92...355...419..190...12
#4GrassCatPosted 2/19/2014 7:05:57 AM
There's actually a new hidden mission of sorts that can make you a lot of money. Basically you get a call from Trevor saying he's bored and wants to see a dangerous stunt, something like parking a tank in front of your garage so that it can't open. And then driving out of your garage into it. It destroys your car and you have to pay for the insurance but as an apology Trevor gives you a copy of the car to do whatever you want with but does ask that you buy a cheap vehicle for him (he asks for a Rebel, $3000). So buy it then call it up with your mechanic and Trevor gets in it and drives away (you can just blow it up too). Then I didn't two copies of my car (fully modded coquette) so I sold it for $185,000

really weird mission but huge payout.
---
Grass is superior to Normal.
#5GMRBERTPosted 2/19/2014 9:19:25 AM
cmbasket posted...
Get a bunch of people on your friends list who play GTA Online fairly regularly and like to do survivals.Once in awhile check the background screen and when you see someone doing a survival, join their game after about 20 minutes or so after they started the survival (which will only work if there are less than four people in the survival). By then they'll be in wave 8 or 9. You only have to play a few waves and you still get the full $20,000.

Leeches... leeches everywhere
---
PSN ID: GMRBERT19
#6Spring RubberPosted 2/19/2014 10:00:59 AM
GrassCat posted...
There's actually a new hidden mission of sorts that can make you a lot of money. Basically you get a call from Trevor saying he's bored and wants to see a dangerous stunt, something like parking a tank in front of your garage so that it can't open. And then driving out of your garage into it. It destroys your car and you have to pay for the insurance but as an apology Trevor gives you a copy of the car to do whatever you want with but does ask that you buy a cheap vehicle for him (he asks for a Rebel, $3000). So buy it then call it up with your mechanic and Trevor gets in it and drives away (you can just blow it up too). Then I didn't two copies of my car (fully modded coquette) so I sold it for $185,000

lol...clever story telling
---
Blackhawks, Bulls, Bears
Maybe someday...the Cubs.
#7FluffyKidJoePosted 2/19/2014 11:58:11 AM
I occasionally messeage friends telling them I'm starting a survival solo and to join in 15 minutes. They always show up way to early- often when I'm on round 2.
#8johnny_payPosted 2/19/2014 12:07:16 PM
i remember i once joined my friends when they were on round 10 of a survival mission, i still got the full rewards even though i didnt actually spawn.
#9play_the_game17Posted 2/19/2014 1:26:06 PM
Spring Rubber posted...
GrassCat posted...

lol...clever story telling

That almost sound believable, good job!
---
My Res Evil 4 Parody - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/535840-resident-evil-4/57969054
SMB3 Airship Theme on Piano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXZiYAd8fIg
#10streetfighter76Posted 2/24/2014 10:52:12 AM
cmbasket posted...

So THAT'S how some ppl have been joining past the middle of a survival and get full reward for my effort... ~__~

I always thought it was weird to see some dude appearing out of nowhere in Round 6-7 and it's always a mixed bag that can bring a smart and helpful player OR a moron who dies 5 seconds after the Round started.

In a way I feel this should be patched because many times I decline Survival invitations because these take a lot of time to complete but it's rewarding when you finish them; but now that I'm aware of this...
Oh well, leeches and weaklings always trying to abuse some weak spot in the game's design simply can't be avoided I guess.