That train..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Duddridge1

Duddridge1
2 years ago#1
Almost everytime I'm delivering a High Priority Vehicle to Simeon and about drive over the tracks in a certain area the barriers come down and the train passes, the first time this happened I thought it was just good timing but after a few times I was seeing a pattern, now it happens almost every single time where now I see the tracks and accelerate over them to avoid having to stop for the barriers..

Is this to make players stop so other players have a chance to take the HPV because I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence.

User Info: GMRBERT

GMRBERT
2 years ago#2
The train used to always pass by when I was getting my car from the impound lot
Kifflom!

User Info: Tom_KBA

Tom_KBA
2 years ago#3
GMRBERT posted...
The train used to always pass by when I was getting my car from the impound lot

This happens to me as well, if I have a bounty on me I jump on it

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
2 years ago#4
Duddridge1 posted...
Almost everytime I'm delivering a High Priority Vehicle to Simeon and about drive over the tracks in a certain area the barriers come down and the train passes, the first time this happened I thought it was just good timing but after a few times I was seeing a pattern, now it happens almost every single time where now I see the tracks and accelerate over them to avoid having to stop for the barriers..

Is this to make players stop so other players have a chance to take the HPV because I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence.

I always get the train too. I make sure I'm going quick enough when I get close to the tracks to get by before the gate comes down. I have had the gate hit the top of my vehicle, but Simeon didn't look at the top of the truck so I still got full price.
I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want it to be today.

User Info: InfernoSD

InfernoSD
2 years ago#5
Trains are like all other vehicles in that they only spawn close to you. I don't know exactly what their spawning mechanics are, I've never noticed consistent train spawns like that.
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/

User Info: Duddridge1

Duddridge1
2 years ago#6
InfernoSD posted...
Trains are like all other vehicles in that they only spawn close to you. I don't know exactly what their spawning mechanics are, I've never noticed consistent train spawns like that.

That's one of my theories but it doesn't always spawn, I delivered a car to Simeon today and the barriers didn't ring or move at all.

User Info: JOKR_bAd_habitz

JOKR_bAd_habitz
2 years ago#7
I almost always get that when I'm delivering any vehicle to the docks, whether they're in the text list or a HPV. It's pretty common for me to get my roof scratched on the second barrier, which is irritating because I usually get it there spotless.

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
2 years ago#8
InfernoSD posted...

Does that mean there can be more than 1 train?
We will go on a journey. A journey of scooters.

User Info: fixxxer93

fixxxer93
2 years ago#9
wigsplasher posted...
InfernoSD posted...

That would be a good experiment for two people to try. I think there is because even though the engine doesn't change, the cars behind it do.
Ask for psn
I just wanna watch the whole world burn.....

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
2 years ago#10
fixxxer93 posted...
wigsplasher posted...
InfernoSD posted...

That would be a good experiment for two people to try. I think there is because even though the engine doesn't change, the cars behind it do.

Intradesting
We will go on a journey. A journey of scooters.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived