i keep running into strange stuff every game session lately

#1TooCrucialPosted 3/25/2014 2:54:05 PM
Like a guy earlier was killing everyone and it would say he stabbed them but all you see was the area start to get blanketed in explosions like a stealth bomber from Modern Warfare was called in or something. Couldn't actually see the guy or anything but his dot would say he should be there. It's been people in atleast every other lobby I'm in doing it.

Or last night I went to my apartment and a kid buzzed to get in, now I didn't let him in but next thing I know he was in their shooting me.

and the thing that pisses me off the most. Ppl blow up my car but I have to pay to replace it. I could see if I had rimmed someone's tank or something. But they shoot my car or sticky bomb it or whatever and I get charged. I have burned through a few hundred thousand dollars because of that.

Also the people who appear to be invincible but can still kill you or take you out your tank if you're in it
---
I'm holding a rock. There's no lions in my house. Therefore, this rock repels lions. It's the only way
#2jazztronautPosted 3/25/2014 3:46:17 PM
Ive heard people can glitch themselves into your garage. Happened to me. Walked into my garage. saw a guy standing there. he killed me. yeah, dude you rule!
---
its a long way to go when you don't know where you're going...
#3Duddridge1Posted 3/25/2014 3:58:48 PM
I had something weird happen to me today while playing around with a friend on our BMX's, it was just me, him and another random player with a bounty, I also had a bounty but this guy didn't move for a while and seemed to be in his apartment.

I look away from the screen for a second to talk to someone on my laptop and I get killed by the guy with the bounty, my friend killed him back and took his bounty, then this guy then just stands there being an easy target so I kill him and he respawns down the road, still not moving I snipe him in the back of his head and.. Nothing. I snipe his head again thinking this is definitely the killing shot and still nothing.

Seconds later he disappears, I check the map to find he's on the other side of the map.
How?? I thought Rockstar patched the teleporting thing.
#4TooCrucial(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 5:09:27 PM
I've seen that too but I couldn't kill them. They stand there while they are selecting a mission near where they want to go. Guess that guy was slow at doing it
---
I'm holding a rock. There's no lions in my house. Therefore, this rock repels lions. It's the only way
#5Duddridge1Posted 3/28/2014 6:22:20 PM
TooCrucial posted...
I've seen that too but I couldn't kill them. They stand there while they are selecting a mission near where they want to go. Guess that guy was slow at doing it

I thought Rockstar patched the teleporting thing?
#6ThrillKillFanPosted 3/29/2014 11:07:23 PM
Easy solution to losing a couple hundred grand in public free roam is to NOT use an Adder or other expensive to claim vehicle. I only use an Elegy or other free to buy and free to replace(if you simply 'buy' another one from the website) vehicle when I know I'm going into an open game.

As for the spawning inside someone's garage or apartment to kill you thing, put on passive mode while you're in there. Then they can't kill you. Not to mention if you do that while in your apartment or garage it suspends any bounty until it's turned off.
---
Your best? Losers always whine about 'their best', winners go home and **** the prom queen.- Sean Connery, "The Rock"
#7sekaziPosted 3/29/2014 11:25:03 PM
Whenever I see a garage griefer i give them a taste of their own medicine. I go into passive and do it right back at them. Only difference is I go off radar as I pretend to walk into the elevator and go out of passive. Then as soon as the door opens they get a rocket.
#8CODYQX4Posted 3/30/2014 6:23:31 PM
Duddridge1 posted...
TooCrucial posted...

I thought Rockstar patched the teleporting thing?

They seem to have, but I can call a Quick Job to go somewhere random, and wash rinse repeat until close enough. Though that is better for dodging Tanks instead up jumping in place tactically.

Some bounty dude yesterday did this and seemed to get to the Buzzard spawn in 2 tries, but unfortunately for his poor noob ***, I was in the area and drive by sticky bombed him and his car within seconds of him spawning.
#9LeifLongbottomPosted 4/3/2014 6:19:45 AM
Yea. Saw some invisible guy with a bat yesterday. At the same time I saw a visible player who seemed to be made out of gas tank because the little firespout you see from a shot propane tank was coming out his limbs and he was dancing around like a jumpingjack.
I see a lot of people are finding their way behind the walls.
#10CODYQX4Posted 4/4/2014 10:36:52 AM
LeifLongbottom posted...
Yea. Saw some invisible guy with a bat yesterday. At the same time I saw a visible player who seemed to be made out of gas tank because the little firespout you see from a shot propane tank was coming out his limbs and he was dancing around like a jumpingjack.
I see a lot of people are finding their way behind the walls.

I thought I was the only one to see the water thing.

Me and 8 other people were mosh pitting over a dude with a bounty killing each other in a 20 foot area, and he would not die, moved around in some janky combination of lag/nearby teleport, and water would burst from him frequently in like 6 directions.

His janky teleport lag running made it so I could not kill him by parking a Tank or running over with a car, because he warped around too much for me to have had a chance to find out if it would.

Happened awhile back and I never saw it again.