Why are people flirting with female characters?

#1PapawashPosted 5/12/2014 3:02:04 PM
Wtf is up with some people? I used my low level female character and just stayed in one place because I can't get my R* Social Club account to link to my PSN. Just left her there on passive mode and moving the analog stick every 2 minutes or so so that I won't get kicked for being idle. Then all of a sudden this dude comes to my character and keeps following me. After 7 minutes of pure annoyance I searched for another session, and then again, the same thing happened with a different guy saluting and blow kissing on my girl character. A similar incident also happened the last time I logged in a few days ago.

Do some people really assume these girl characters are as hot irl, or are actual females? The second guy even added me as a friend on the PSN. Do you get the same treatment when you use your female character? Do you do it yourself to other female characters?

I really just don't get it. And I'll honestly entertain a griefer rather than those creeps.
---
Like my facebook fanpage! https://www.facebook.com/pages/papa-wash/108953149133645
#2Rodimus_PrimePosted 5/12/2014 3:05:40 PM
Yes. Some people assume they are hot girls in real life. Or at the very least, girls.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#3F_H_NukemPosted 5/12/2014 3:07:09 PM
because they cant get any irl

sad nerds
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#4hugaddictPosted 5/12/2014 3:07:11 PM
People are stupid. Made worse when you combine amorous & stupid.
---
Sing Me Soft Kitty
#5AlexKantraPosted 5/12/2014 3:13:17 PM
Ha... When I play as my female character, the last few days I've been playing without a mic and I'll experience this.

I could be just standing around idling by my car somewhere after a mission and I'll go smoke a cig or grab a drink or something. And when I come back, I have a random person standing around my chick and I notice that they've sent a friend request.

I've even had a dude send me constant in game texts like.. "Wanna go out?" "Wanna do missions with me?" "Add me plz"

Things like that.

Then If i hear they have a mic, i get on mine and i'll causally talk to them so they know I'm a guy and not a chick.

Pretty funny how some people see your female character and immediately wanna cyber you.
#6Papawash(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 3:17:46 PM
Well damn, looks like y'all pretty much confirmed how the community has lots of lonely nerds when it comes to girl characters. Now I don't want to use my female character anymore. Dealing with that crap seems so annoying.
---
Like my facebook fanpage! https://www.facebook.com/pages/papa-wash/108953149133645
#7ash274Posted 5/12/2014 3:33:52 PM
Rodimus_Prime posted...
Yes. Some people assume they are hot girls in real life. Or at the very least, girls.

They would be sorely disappointed if they saw me if they had that assumption. At least I put the Serpentine face on my female character to go with her all-green outfit:
http://i.imgur.com/L3HdxNM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UwhvhKC.jpg (green shoes, too)

I keep the sound turned down so I don't have to hear any of that **** from their mics, either.
---
-Ash (PSN: ash-274)
Atari 2600, 2x NES (Powerpad & Zapper), SNES, N64, 2x GB (6volt), GBC, GBA, PS2, PS3 (160GB), Wii, iPhone4, iPad1
#8hugaddictPosted 5/12/2014 3:34:03 PM
In Rooftop Rumble, playing as a lower rank unable to do solo, I had a lot of idiots harassing my female character. They'd honk for me to get in the car for the road to Martin's place. If I didn't get in they'd either run me over and then honk some more, or blow up my vehicle and still expect me to get in their car.

I'm like.... really?
---
Sing Me Soft Kitty
#9NoregretsPosted 5/12/2014 3:34:55 PM
But TC, don't you like the extra attention? I am pretty sure you can seduce these kids into giving you free money.
#10RetroGamer9Posted 5/12/2014 3:35:37 PM(edited)
Papawash posted...

Do some people really assume these girl characters are as hot irl

As hot?

Rockstar did a good/adequate job designing male characters but really dropped the ball on female ones... All their faces look like they are on meth.