Online seems pointless to me

#1RatB20Posted 5/18/2014 7:08:53 AM
All I do is drive around, get bored, and play something else.
The 'griefers' don't even bother me. It's just I don't see a clear objective!
I may get a random invite, that could turn out either be too high a difficulty or the host leaves me in the lobby...
In free roam, I see stores I've knocked off a million times. It would be better if there was a sense of story progression but it's just the same cutscenes repeated again and again, doing old missions you've done again and again.
Rant aside, does someone want to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of this game so I can start accomplishing something?
---
"Americans are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth."
- Revolver Ocelot
#2wrcgamerPosted 5/18/2014 7:12:59 AM
Well join a crew or get a group of friends to have fun with I can send you an invite to cloud nine we're active fun and friendly
#3patcooper114Posted 5/18/2014 7:13:44 AM
u can do jobs/races/deathmatches etc through your phone.it will match u into a lobby with other players automatically.. go to quick jobs icon on phone. u can add me i'll be on and off all week till watchdogs comes out.
---
psn= patcooper
xbox live= nortonsrod
#4RetroGamer9Posted 5/18/2014 8:44:27 AM
Of course it gets boring. This isn't single player and there's no story or objective to work towords other than gaining more RP.

The purpose of online is to interact with other players. You play the game if you want to mess around with others either in a positive or negative way.

You have to make your own fun online. If you can't then you shouldn't be playing.
#5kosherPosted 5/18/2014 9:07:08 AM
RatB20 posted...
All I do is drive around, get bored, and play something else.
The 'griefers' don't even bother me. It's just I don't see a clear objective!
I may get a random invite, that could turn out either be too high a difficulty or the host leaves me in the lobby...
In free roam, I see stores I've knocked off a million times. It would be better if there was a sense of story progression but it's just the same cutscenes repeated again and again, doing old missions you've done again and again.
Rant aside, does someone want to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of this game so I can start accomplishing something?

it's not that freakin hard to do missions by yourself...there are plenty of low level missions
---
stfu
~Kosher don't love no hoes~
#6RatB20(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 9:59:17 AM(edited)
RetroGamer9 posted...
If you can't then you shouldn't be playing.

People keep saying this. Why 'shouldn't' I play? You make it sound like a party I'm not invited to.
How much fun can you make when there's nothing to do?

I haven't finished single player or online completely, maybe that is a factor. And I only have so much cash, quite a low level. Hitching a ride while a max level player finishes missions for me isn't my idea of fun. If this is all the game has to offer then maybe I shouldn't be playing...

And kosher, why go online just to play solo? >_<
---
"Americans are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth."
- Revolver Ocelot
#7The LiberatorPosted 5/18/2014 10:01:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8The LiberatorPosted 5/18/2014 10:24:03 AM
RatB20 posted...

People keep saying this. Why 'shouldn't' I play? You make it sound like a party I'm not invited to.
How much fun can you make when there's nothing to do?

You told us what you expect from an online game and we're telling you that this game doesn't have that. What more do you want from us? We can't change the game. We can't put in cutscenes or story motivated quests or none of that stuff.

Not everyone enjoys the same stuff. That's fine. Why force yourself to enjoy a game just because other people like it?

We're not Rockstar's marketing department, we don't benefit from forcing you to like the game. There's nothing we can tell you that will make you like this game.

Why can't you just accept that there are games out there you don't enjoy? It's fine. We're trying to help you by letting you know this is a game you probably won't enjoy based on what you told us you want from video games and you're getting mad because... why?

You know what, screw it. Keep playing GTA Online. Keep wasting your time playing a game you don't even enjoy when you could be playing other video games or doing anything else with your free time. All because you don't want to be "left out of the party" despite the fact you already went to that party and found it boring.
---
http://deathbymeko.deviantart.com/
Just to let you know, I hate each and every one of you.
#9mikemikePosted 5/18/2014 10:26:46 AM
RatB20 posted...

In free roam, I see stores I've knocked off a million times.
.............but it's just the same cutscenes repeated again and again, doing old missions you've done again and again.

You answered your own comment. As much as I like this game, after playing for months and months, of course it will become pointless and boring.

Join a crew, interact with others. It's really fun when going to a mission with your crew members convoy style. Backing each other up. Bad guys coming in a car and you and your crew members hone in on it and shred the car to pieces.

The reality is is that you may have game/mission burnout. Sometimes you have to walk away from something to realize how much you might miss it.

---
We play for fun not to ruin the online experience for others. Join us for a non back stabbing good time http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/deluxe_revolver
#10RatB20(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:51:28 AM
I like the IDEA of the game and all, it's just I find it overwhelming when I fire it up. You're just plopped straight into free roam, usually in the midst of other peoples 'fun', and it kind of leaves me thinking "what am I supposed to be doing here?".

I get some of you on these boards are very protective of this game, but there's no need to get all p***y about it.
---
- Revolver Ocelot