How is Gta online on ps3?

#11bnarmzPosted 8/5/2014 9:01:12 AM
CODYQX4 posted...
bnarmz posted...
The ps3 is suffering from connection issues and a rising tide of Hackers and moders. Stick to the xbox or wait for the better improved version on the ps4/xbox1.

Pretty sure x360 has it's share of modders.

But it seems much easier to get and keep a PS3 modded and unbanned, than an Xbox, so we see more.

Latest/Next-Gen have yet to be modded at all though, so modders will stick to PS3/X360.

I wonder how the modding is going to affect PS4 transfer, as in people who mod going to PS4 and possibly back to PS3.

I don't hear anything like this on the xbox360. But every time you come to this board the glitching/modding/hacking is talked about more than anything else. You can hardly go into a free roam session without seeing or hearing someone performing an exploit. Just yesterday I saw some dude walking in the air, he was flickering like a light switch so It was impossible to even get a clear shot on him...but he was able to gun me down...even when I was hiding in an garage near the beach. Just shot right through the wall.

This nonsense is spreading fast, it's like the communities mentality is changing to "i better learn these glitches so I can compete with everyone else".

In the beginning of it all I just ignore most of the talk about it, but now...it's almost unavoidable and R* can't seem to do anything about it. I'm sure this game will go down the crapper soon if they can't do something about it, which appears to be the case...

I doubt this will happen on the ps4. Sony should be wise to this by now, and I'm sure R* has learned from this experience and is doing everything they can to prevent it from happening again.
#12hugaddictPosted 8/5/2014 9:13:38 AM
My cuz sometimes plays GTA Online on his 360 right beside me while I play on my PS3. There's no real difference. It crashes on both. Jerks on both, although he says he notices better teamwork and nicer people while playing with random people in missions on the PS3.

The only thing I personally noticed was the vehicles that the Professionals chased you with in Rooftop Rumble in was different on the 360 than PS3. Now that they have changed Rooftop Rumble it of course doesn't matter.

Just remember that it's free on PS3.
---
Then we will fight in the shade.
#13bnarmzPosted 8/5/2014 9:26:47 AM(edited)
I'll gladly pay to play this game on the 360... if I had one. Playing it for free is probably why we have these issues. I imagine how much complaining there would be if ppl had to pay to play a game that Sony is part responsible for ruining it.
If you don't mind dealing with all the exploiters go the free route. But, you'll have a better gaming experience if you have friends and stay in private sessions. If you run solo... you'll most likely run into a lot of issues within the growing cheating community...and may the lawd have mercy on your character's soul if you're a newby.
#14CODYQX4Posted 8/5/2014 9:40:01 AM(edited)
bnarmz posted...
CODYQX4 posted...
bnarmz posted...
The ps3 is suffering from connection issues and a rising tide of Hackers and moders. Stick to the xbox or wait for the better improved version on the ps4/xbox1.

But it seems much easier to get and keep a PS3 modded and unbanned, than an Xbox, so we see more.

Latest/Next-Gen have yet to be modded at all though, so modders will stick to PS3/X360.

I wonder how the modding is going to affect PS4 transfer, as in people who mod going to PS4 and possibly back to PS3.

I don't hear anything like this on the xbox360. But every time you come to this board the glitching/modding/hacking is talked about more than anything else. You can hardly go into a free roam session without seeing or hearing someone performing an exploit. Just yesterday I saw some dude walking in the air, he was flickering like a light switch so It was impossible to even get a clear shot on him...but he was able to gun me down...even when I was hiding in an garage near the beach. Just shot right through the wall.

This nonsense is spreading fast, it's like the communities mentality is changing to "i better learn these glitches so I can compete with everyone else".

In the beginning of it all I just ignore most of the talk about it, but now...it's almost unavoidable and R* can't seem to do anything about it. I'm sure this game will go down the crapper soon if they can't do something about it, which appears to be the case...

I doubt this will happen on the ps4. Sony should be wise to this by now, and I'm sure R* has learned from this experience and is doing everything they can to prevent it from happening again.

I've seen mods for X360 on forums for GTAO, but the barrier to entry is higher for modding and staying unbanned on X360 than PS3, so there are more PS3 modders right now.

PS3 stayed secure until a major screwup was found in the PS3 crypto, allowing people to actually sign firmware as legit, and once the door was open that was it.

PS: The hacks relate to the ease of modding, having nothing to do with PSN vs Live.
#15bnarmzPosted 8/5/2014 9:50:18 AM
CODYQX4 posted...
bnarmz posted...
CODYQX4 posted...
bnarmz posted...

PS: The hacks relate to the ease of modding, having nothing to do with PSN vs Live.

That's a big issue. If you want to play this game with out having to worry about a growing cheater base...it's best to stick to the console that offers the better experience by having less exploits...I really don't see these problems going away anytime soon, not on the ps3.