every time i go online its just 16 players avoiding or killing each other

#1HELLWOLF06Posted 10/11/2013 2:02:56 AM
how do i get in a server where people do jobs and rank up ???

also my crew only ever seems to have like 1-3 people active at any given time soo any crews out there with 16+ active at all times forever ?
---
Try to find Gamefaqs http://xkcd.com/802_large/
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/BunnySock/mabinogi_2012_07_10_001.jpg
#2ALEXAND3RIIIPosted 10/11/2013 2:04:57 AM
Yeah for real man. I avoid people because 90% of the time they kill me.

It's hard to find a good crew out there.
#3JurazonPosted 10/11/2013 2:14:11 AM
My friends and I use closed sessions to hang out and do job/missions/activites, that way we avoid d-bags who just want to kill other players.

To go to a closed session: go to the pause menu in single player, go over to the "Online" tab, and then go down and select "Play GTA Online". This gives you several options, some of which are "Invite Only", "Closed Friends Session", or "Closed Crew Session". Start one up and send out the invites to your friends.
---
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke
#4HELLWOLF06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 2:15:33 AM
Jurazon posted...
My friends and I use closed sessions to hang out and do job/missions/activites, that way we avoid d-bags who just want to kill other players.

To go to a closed session: go to the pause menu in single player, go over to the "Online" tab, and then go down and select "Play GTA Online". This gives you several options, some of which are "Invite Only", "Closed Friends Session", or "Closed Crew Session". Start one up and send out the invites to your friends.

i dont have any friends who also have a copy for 360 ... i am stuck with randoms but woudl be nice to get some randoms that do jobs
---
Try to find Gamefaqs http://xkcd.com/802_large/
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/BunnySock/mabinogi_2012_07_10_001.jpg
#5fakesoundofprogressPosted 10/11/2013 2:20:33 AM
had to take a mandatory phone call from Lamar since I had to restart from R* "make 90% of peoples players disappear and do nothing about it" program

Some guy sees my walking along, runs up, then beats me with a stick while I can do nothing about it

THEN, because its technically the first time Ive died with that character, I have to watch that stupid scene with Cris! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
#6SammuthegreatPosted 10/11/2013 2:34:45 AM
Only solution to this I've found is to launch private sessions and do Quick Jobs through your phone, or launch jobs when you're invited by NPCs. It's not so hard to find a good group of players in the mission lobbies, it's just Free Roam that's the problem.

I got so fed up of losing 50% of all the money I earned because d-bags used to kill me ($2k lost) when I wasn't paying attention (my own fault I suppose for assuming that other players might be capable of driving past another person without feeling the need to murder them), then they'd spawn camp me or sit outside any shop I was robbing before I could get to my car. Just got so frustrating that I wasn't making any money, so I went private.

Quick Jobs are brilliant, use them.
#7wiseguy100Posted 10/11/2013 2:39:09 AM
Driving into the countryside is the first thing I always do when joining a free roam lobby.
---
360 gamertag, PSN ID and Wii U - wiseguy100
#8Skye_dracoPosted 10/11/2013 2:54:13 AM
fakesoundofprogress posted...
had to take a mandatory phone call from Lamar since I had to restart from R* "make 90% of peoples players disappear and do nothing about it" program

Some guy sees my walking along, runs up, then beats me with a stick while I can do nothing about it

THEN, because its technically the first time Ive died with that character, I have to watch that stupid scene with Cris! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

i'm guessing it's probably less than 5% character loss. If you exclude the people who do dumb things like start temp characters probably less than 1%. Random acts of violence can't really be blamed on rockstar that's totally on the crappy internet gaming community. so the only legit complaint you have is that people on the internet are crappy.. welcome to the internet
#9fakesoundofprogressPosted 10/11/2013 3:04:20 AM
just look on the support site or twitter, its affected alot of people. Its caused such a problem they now have a screen telling you not to create a character while its loading
#10Jas_PataPosted 10/11/2013 3:06:31 AM
fakesoundofprogress posted...
just look on the support site or twitter, its affected alot of people. Its caused such a problem they now have a screen telling you not to create a character while its loading

So, it was the players' faults all along than eh?
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud