has anyone survived a whole day with a bounty

#41Dagoth_WitPosted 10/24/2013 1:05:05 PM
Xtypegamer posted...
blacklabelice posted...
oh yeah one last addition. nothing is stopping them from accepting my game invite once i duck out. theyd earn more money from racing me than they would get from the low level bounties always on my head, and they wouldnt have to spend 20 minutes driving all over the place either.

i dont see how this could be cowardly. this is called being outsmarted. you had your chance to catch me up and down the map and you failed. instead of just wasting all my guns and ammo griefing other players in free roam, i chose to do something else and go to a race or a mission instead. if they want to join me, feel free, or have a fun drive back home. i dont care.

big deal. i dont see why other could be so upset if somebody does this. next time catch up to them and kill them faster. sissies back out and hide in their apartment. when i have a bounty on me and i notice someone is hellbent on wrecking me, ill try to troll them up as much as i can.

hell sometimes ill go grab a frogger and fly up high into the biggest cluster of players i can as they all swarm around that area killing each other. i have nothing to gain by trying to take everybody out. maybe a couple hundred if i decide to run over to their dead corpse, so i just try to make some fun out of it and make them poor people work for whatever bounty they are ever so desperate to collect

thats how i play the game and aint no whiny gamefaqs derper gonna change the way i enjoy the game.

Let them cry and whine. They are not entitled to receive any bounty. They have to earn it. In my case, they have to try very hard if the bounty is on my head. I will do whatever it is I have to do to make sure I don't pay out medical expenses out of my pocket. Whether it is chilling out in my apartment/garage, going to LSC, flying away in a helicopter, powering away in speed boat, take a trip through the subway, swapping lead with the military, or even starting a mission.

The audacity of people telling me how to play a game I paid for. The bounty on my head is mine and you whiners have to boost up your critical thinking skills to figure out how you are going to take my bounty away from me!

Don't you see that we can't earn it if you disappear right before we catch you? It's impossible to earn it. That's why I ask why not just stay in a private lobby if you're so concerned about keeping that 1k bounty. Some of us hunt bounties for the thrill of the chase. The money is just a bonus.
---
Google is for finding webpages. Gamefaqs is for finding out that you're wrong.
#42Talon5967Posted 10/24/2013 1:20:42 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
The whole bounty thing by NPC's are stupid, it makes no sense.

It's a way to have bounties appear without having to rely on players getting so ticked off at someone that they're willing to spend the money, or players that have a huge bank account to burn to show up and decide they want to mess with people.

My question for those of you that like to disappear just as someone coming after the bounty gets close to you is: how close do you let them get before jumping to a race/mission?

When I'm going after bounties, I'll only try to get close if you're in a car and moving. That means I have to get close just to have a shot. But if the bounty target stops, or they're on foot, I'll stop at the point that they're just inside the draw distance for characters while using an advanced scope, and snipe them. This is actually my preferred way to take a bounty. I like to think that they got nailed without even knowing where the shot came from (though I know full well they can see my marker, and know I'm there). Though judging by how they were behaving, I think a few actually didn't know I was there when I took the shot.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#43XtypegamerPosted 10/24/2013 1:24:10 PM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Xtypegamer posted...
blacklabelice posted...
oh yeah one last addition. nothing is stopping them from accepting my game invite once i duck out. theyd earn more money from racing me than they would get from the low level bounties always on my head, and they wouldnt have to spend 20 minutes driving all over the place either.

i dont see how this could be cowardly. this is called being outsmarted. you had your chance to catch me up and down the map and you failed. instead of just wasting all my guns and ammo griefing other players in free roam, i chose to do something else and go to a race or a mission instead. if they want to join me, feel free, or have a fun drive back home. i dont care.

big deal. i dont see why other could be so upset if somebody does this. next time catch up to them and kill them faster. sissies back out and hide in their apartment. when i have a bounty on me and i notice someone is hellbent on wrecking me, ill try to troll them up as much as i can.

hell sometimes ill go grab a frogger and fly up high into the biggest cluster of players i can as they all swarm around that area killing each other. i have nothing to gain by trying to take everybody out. maybe a couple hundred if i decide to run over to their dead corpse, so i just try to make some fun out of it and make them poor people work for whatever bounty they are ever so desperate to collect

thats how i play the game and aint no whiny gamefaqs derper gonna change the way i enjoy the game.

Let them cry and whine. They are not entitled to receive any bounty. They have to earn it. In my case, they have to try very hard if the bounty is on my head. I will do whatever it is I have to do to make sure I don't pay out medical expenses out of my pocket. Whether it is chilling out in my apartment/garage, going to LSC, flying away in a helicopter, powering away in speed boat, take a trip through the subway, swapping lead with the military, or even starting a mission.

The audacity of people telling me how to play a game I paid for. The bounty on my head is mine and you whiners have to boost up your critical thinking skills to figure out how you are going to take my bounty away from me!

Don't you see that we can't earn it if you disappear right before we catch you? It's impossible to earn it. That's why I ask why not just stay in a private lobby if you're so concerned about keeping that 1k bounty. Some of us hunt bounties for the thrill of the chase. The money is just a bonus.

Sometimes, doody calls. Anyhow, it has nothing to do with keeping a bounty but everything to do with not dieing and paying medical expenses.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6124904192/hCFA9E7FB/
#44jcarey72Posted 10/24/2013 1:25:01 PM
i've never had a bounty on me but i prolly wouldn't survive 2 minutes
---
TK JEDI
#45Dagoth_WitPosted 10/24/2013 4:01:14 PM
Xtypegamer posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Xtypegamer posted...
blacklabelice posted...

Sometimes, doody calls. Anyhow, it has nothing to do with keeping a bounty but everything to do with not dieing and paying medical expenses.

$500 isnt much to worry about anymore.
---
Google is for finding webpages. Gamefaqs is for finding out that you're wrong.
#46CyCoCripPosted 10/24/2013 4:21:43 PM
White_Knight_01 posted...
While being constantly chased? I just had 4 or 5 people trying to run me down for a 5k bounty. It too about 22 minutes to kill me and I was exhausted afterwards. I couldn't imagine anyone going the full 48 minutes.

ive only had 1 bounty ever claimed from me. i learned to get a helicopter ASAP if i got a bounty..

most dont know how to SNEAK into fort Zancudo so i dont need to worry about a jet.

or i'll fly and steal a lazer and just fly around the whole map, shooting anyone coming for me.

so 1/26 bounties i have evaded..lol..

scotch tape over the RT is great..
---
Xbl = Coqui Viejo
#47blacklabelicePosted 10/24/2013 4:43:53 PM(edited)
Dagoth_Wit posted...

i dont see how fun it can be to go up and down the map trying to chase down a 1k bounty. in that same amount of time, you probably wouldnt have to go all over the map and you probably could have gunned down 7 or 8 other people all in the same area, rather than trying to chase down a dude in a fast car with a head start of a mile or two.

there are much less time consuming ways to obtain 10 times that amount of money. unless theres a 9k on someones head and they are right around me and not in the air, i wont waste my time chasing after them. there is really no point or worthwhile reward of killing anybody in free roam for any other reason than to annoy people. i am truly sorry that it annoys you if you werent able to kill me fast enough and decided to waste your time chasing me up and down los santos county just to kill me while i was busy looking for a race or a mission that i could have fun with others, actually play the game, and make money/xp while im at it.

i just think its funny when an NPC puts a small bounty on me and then some other dude and his buddies all get into a car and start chasing after me. its so easy just to troll these guys by letting them slowly catch up and then eventually leaving them high and dry at the very top of the map.

hey like the other guy said. its my bounty and youre not entitled to it unless you kill me. i aint gonna stand there, dress it all up nice, wrap it up, put a bow on it and make it easy for you either. either drive better, catch up and kill me, or get yourself a buzzard and enjoy paying the 10K insurance for my entity and possibly get put into the loser lobby all just to collect 1K.

i kind of feel bad for the people who i have left behind and i feel like maybe i could just let them kill me out of spite, knowing full well they were hellbent on chasing me down for such a pathetic amount of cash and i salute their effort, but nah. work harder next time.
#48TheSilentMiragePosted 10/24/2013 5:41:20 PM
How do you get an NPC to put a bounty on you? Are the high-profile cars that you're talking about the ones you sell to Simeon?
---
GT: TheMetalMirage
Rent my pawn Sierra and I'll gladly return the favor.
#49White_Knight_01(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:40:33 PM
TheSilentMirage posted...
How do you get an NPC to put a bounty on you? Are the high-profile cars that you're talking about the ones you sell to Simeon?

If you steal any car in free roam there is a chance a NPC will put a bounty on you
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#50CloudSFF7Posted 10/24/2013 11:48:41 PM
The first time i hid in the subway tunnels and not a single person bothered to come for me.

the 2nd time i was on a sanchez most of the way.At one point i stole a car,parked it on a small single-road bridge and blocked it off, stuck c4 to it because someone was fairly close to me.

He finally caught up and rammed the car so i detonated.I cut through a tunnel in the mountain where i saw a train track near by so i jumped on the train with the same guy trying to kill me for ages but failed everytime since i could lock onto him but he had to free aim whilst driving at speed.

I won rather easily tbh since most people don't know how to board trains without it running them over or something.
---
GT:CloudSFF7
Live forever in a moment