Do you use auto-aim? And why?

#1BassnaPosted 10/29/2013 4:43:34 AM
I cant understand why people even play in those lobbies. The only answer I can come up with is that these people can't aim for nothing . Just takes all the excitement out of the battles. Plus I swear NPC's have better aim in auto-aim lobbies.
---
XBL = Bassna OG
PSN = Bassna
#2CruorComaPosted 10/29/2013 4:45:46 AM
Yes, because playing without it, I rarely encounter any fellow crew members.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#3CounterpwntPosted 10/29/2013 4:47:07 AM
I do, because it seems like everyone does. Also the NPCs do so much damage/aim so well, it seems like too much of a handicap not to use it.

However, if I turn off auto aim, does the NPC aim get less amazing? And will I end up in free roam lobbies/deathmatches with other people not using auto aim? I'm always afraid I'm going to end up in a lobby or deathmatch where everyone else is using it, which would just be so annoying.

I'd much rather turn if off, though, if it meant the NPC enemies weren't so ungodly accurate. That's my friends and my biggest complaint about the missions/survival right now.
---
Gamertag: Counterpwnt
#4QB_gullygamerPosted 10/29/2013 4:48:31 AM
Turning it off puts you in free aim only lobbies.
---
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me
#5holden4everPosted 10/29/2013 4:49:27 AM
Yes because I can.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png
#6CounterpwntPosted 10/29/2013 4:50:53 AM
QB_gullygamer posted...

Without it, is "complex aiming" still a thing? And does it make the NPCs less accurate?
---
Gamertag: Counterpwnt
#7ElusiveOneXPosted 10/29/2013 4:52:39 AM
GTAV is the worst shooter I've played, so no I don't manually aim, I use assisted. If GTA were some competitive game to be taken seriously I would never play on a mode where the aiming was mostly done for you.
#8TysonTerrorPosted 10/29/2013 4:54:40 AM
Didn't know there is a free aim lobby
#9QB_gullygamerPosted 10/29/2013 5:16:53 AM
Counterpwnt posted...
QB_gullygamer posted...

Without it, is "complex aiming" still a thing? And does it make the NPCs less accurate?

Free aim only affects users. Same aiming capabilities, except you do ALL the aiming.

Yes aiming in this game is terrible, but so is targeting other crew members, or police, in a heated battle with another player.
---
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me
#10squiggy9996999Posted 10/29/2013 5:34:24 AM
this isn't Cod, it's a game designed with auto aim in mind to make up for it's semi-crap controls.

action games are not FPS games. i feel bad for people that want to play this like CoD and then get mad because nobody else does that (actually, that's a lie,l i laugh out loud at them). same goes for people mad at dirty racing. it's GTA, not gran tourismo/call of duty.

if you want to give yourself harder controls to feel like a "real man" go ahead...and good luck with that.
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...